Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I know I cannot afford cable TV.
    Yes you can. Just don't pay your water bill. They don't do anything anyway.

Well actually I think cable is over-priced so that is why I don't even try to afford it. I've fully adapted to streamed TV now.

To the point: You know the dead-beat landlord is a factor here. Most of these two and four-family homes and other rental property in the D have one [[1) water bill going to one particular resident [[unit) that is to be paid by owner of property who chooses/ chose to ignore it, until -- well, until the day of reckoning: shut off.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Yes you can. Just don't pay your water bill. They don't do anything anyway.

Well actually I think cable is over-priced so that is why I don't even try to afford it. I've fully adapted to streamed TV now.

To the point: You know the dead-beat landlord is a factor here. Most of these two and four-family homes and other rental property in the D have one [[1) water bill going to one particular resident [[unit) that is to be paid by owner of property who chooses/ chose to ignore it, until -- well, until the day of reckoning: shut off.
    That depends on the deal that was worked out before the tenant moved in. If the tenant was to pay for utilities, then there is a problem. Do you evict them? Can you get another, more trustworthy tenant? What about the outstanding water bill the previous tenant was supposed to be paying for? I keep thinking I ought to get a TV. Then I go over someone's home who has a 58" flat panel, with 2 mil channels. I watch for a while, think the show's silly, and change my mind.

Many variables, no doubt. Most rental duplex, quad and apartment dwellings do not receive separate water bill accounts for water bill, so customarily the landlord pays the bill adding the cost to the rent. Some of these dead-beats with multiple units must be hiding from their tenants and DWSD. Again more dissipation of Detroit housing as tenants move, leaving dwellings to be stripped and rot. At least the basements will not fill up with water.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-07-14 at 01:06 PM.

I agree about cable. We bought that box thing and sometimes it works and sometimes not. But heck there is always the local library,

We rented a flat in GPP. The landlord kept the original bill and sent copies for us to pay divided between the two. A single delightful man lived in the one unit, we were a family of four so every other month we would pay the full bill. The landlord who kept the original bill would write it off as a deduction and was out of pocket on nothing.

Yeah, I have wifi and between my converter and ROKU box I do ok OFF THE CABLE pay grid. Though I do wish Netflix offered more for streaming but ROKU has some decent stuff.

And yes I have have rented before and thank goodness my landlord was on top of paying the water bill and not falling behind.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    I agree about cable. We bought that box thing and sometimes it works and sometimes not. But heck there is always the local library,

We rented a flat in GPP. The landlord kept the original bill and sent copies for us to pay divided between the two. A single delightful man lived in the one unit, we were a family of four so every other month we would pay the full bill. The landlord who kept the original bill would write it off as a deduction and was out of pocket on nothing.