Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    BTW, the bar is called "They Say.... " not "Say Hey." That's Willie Mays nickname.
    Haha! I walk by that place everyday and have been inside a few times... I don't know why I called it Say Hey I must have been thinking about baseball.

Anyway, I agree that there might be some sort of master plan for this area. Everyone knows Bing was attached to the Watermark, and pulled out to avoid a conflict when he was running for Mayor. If he remains commited to redeveloping this area he will have the means to make lasting changes by power of his office.

It looks like the Elevator Building is finally getting some interior work done. Rode by it yesterday. Two dumpsters full of junk that was pulled from the interior. It's finally being gutted [[legally).

http://www.modeldmedia.com/developme...rbldg8907.aspx

http://elevatorbuilding.com/

Another area of the East riverfront that could stand some redevelopment is the area just west of the Talon Building along Jos Campau and Atwater. Currently there is a huge parking lot that is used for the RiverPlace. At the same time there is a hardly used surface lot behind the St. Andrews Bar. There are signs that say that it is for customer parking only. Also, there is a hugh rectangular building next to this lot that has no signage to indicated what it is. I would love to see some townhomes built on the RiverPlace parking lot south of Atwater, with a one way street going parallel to the RiverWalk, and these townhomes, and extending along the northern walkway of the RiverWalk leading back to Atwater. To make up for lost parking, parking would be shifted of to the lot currently used by St. Andrews Bar and the rectangular building behind this lot would be torn down to make room for additional parking. A possible parking deck could also go there instead.