Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Anyway back to the topic.

68 mills is way to high of a property tax rate for the average citizen of Detroit. Property taxes that high not only contribute to foreclosure but contribute to suppress the property values city wide, again, causing more foreclosures. Fundamentally, high property tax rates only succeed in places where the value of the real estate is high. In economically depressed areas they are nothing but a detrement. The renter in Detroit pays 86 mills, that is just plain robbery or a soon to be abandoned house.
    Now you have me seriously curious. How in your mind is it that a tax on Detroiters to benefit Detroit is a bad thing and on the otherhand additional state wide taxes on Michigan Seniors is a good thing. Good tax or bad tax depending on who is getting gored?

Simple answer, for as long as you have income you pay your taxes. Death and taxes? Never heard of it?
    So... If I want to get out of paying taxes, I have to become a DEADBEAT. I'm glad you made your thinking clear for me. How about the deadbeats getting off their duffs and becoming productive?
    Last edited by FlyOnTheWall; June-29-14 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyOnTheWall View Post
    ...Well, KYMA...
    What does "KYMA" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    What does "KYMA" mean?
    Typing error. Remove the "Y".

Typing error. Remove the "Y".
    Oh, I see...

So... If I want to get out of paying taxes, I have to become a DEADBEAT. I'm glad you made your thinking clear for me. How about the deadbeats getting off their duffs and becoming productive?
    If you don't think you should have to pay your income tax you are a "DEADBEAT" You want a free ride? Fuck that.

http://www.michigan.gov/taxes/0,4676...3736--,00.html

You know the solution you already said it. Move to Florida and get gone. We can only wish everyone who felt entitled to a free ride in this state would do just that.

One more time.... The property taxes in Michigan are to high. Any takers? Of course, besides old people who think they are entitled to a tax free income.

http://taxes.about.com/od/statetaxes...rst-states.htm
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; June-29-14 at 05:28 PM.

If you don't think you should have to pay your income tax you are a "DEADBEAT" You want a free ride? Fuck that.

You know the solution you already said it. Move to Florida and get gone. We can only wish everyone who felt entitled to a free ride in this state would do just that.

One more time.... The property taxes in Michigan are to high. Any takers? Of course, besides old people who think they are entitled to a tax free income.

Your screen name seems to be a misnomer. You need to pick something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Your screen name seems to be a misnomer. You need to pick something else.
    Thanks for the suggestion but I'm good. How are the property taxes down there in Ohio? Fair and reasonable? No Foreclosures on back taxes? Best neighboorhoods pay at half the rate of the most troubled? Property values increasing?

LOL Hit a nerve eh. You do need to learn to read with more comprehension I haven't a problem with paying income taxes as long as it goes to the welfare of all people. I just want all people to pay the same taxes. I just resent that you seem to be excusing your dead beats that pay NO income taxes and then suggest that I'm a dead beat because I resent some of your dead beats pumping out babies to be payed for by taxpayers.

Detroit is the city with the problem so maybe the property taxes in Detroit should be raised as all the money raised would go to the benefit of Detroit and its citizens and make for a better Detroit. It would be interesting to actually see Detroit help itself for a change.

"If you don't think you should have to pay your income tax you are a "DEADBEAT" You want a free ride? Fuck that."sez you. So you think the only DEADBEATS that should get a free ride live in Detroit. You want their taxes reduced and state wide people to pay more. WOW You do have a skewed outlook on taxes.

[QUOTE=FlyOnTheWall;441703]LOL Hit a nerve eh. You do need to learn to read with more comprehension I haven't a problem with paying income taxes as long as it goes to the welfare of all people. I just want all people to pay the same taxes. I just resent that you seem to be excusing your dead beats that pay NO income taxes and then suggest that I'm a dead beat because I resent some of your dead beats pumping out babies to be payed for by taxpayers.
    [/QUOTE

Opps sorry you're a "RACIST DEADBEAT" my mistake

My people? Fuck yes they are. Everyone in Detroit lives just down the road from me and that is good enough for me. Everyone in the city is my neighbor. If anyone thinks that a climate of hate between the burbs and Detroit has served anyone well in this metro area they are ignorant to history and the state we are currently in.

Government sucks at all levels. Get over it. What they do with your tax money or mine is not conditional to whether or not you or I have to pay the tax. Reading comprehension problem? Did you read it, racist deadbeat?

Is that a city to city comparison? No. It is state to state. As I started this conversation before I ran into a RACIST along the way, I will end it.
    Michigan property taxes are too high across the board. Especially in cities like Detroit and Flint, where people are losing their homes at an alarming rate to unpaid property taxes. That is the topic of this thread.

Only 38% pay property tax? Jeez I feel like such a schmuck.

LOL Hit a nerve eh. You do need to learn to read with more comprehension I haven't a problem with paying income taxes as long as it goes to the welfare of all people. I just want all people to pay the same taxes. I just resent that you seem to be excusing your dead beats that pay NO income taxes and then suggest that I'm a dead beat because I resent some of your dead beats pumping out babies to be payed for by taxpayers.
    Opps sorry you're a "RACIST DEADBEAT" my mistake

My people? Fuck yes they are. Everyone in Detroit lives just down the road from me and that is good enough for me. Everyone in the city is my neighbor. If anyone thinks that a climate of hate between the burbs and Detroit has served anyone well in this metro area they are ignorant to history and the state we are currently in.

Government sucks at all levels. Get over it. What they do with your tax money or mine is not conditional to whether or not you or I have to pay the tax. Reading comprehension problem? Did you read it, racist deadbeat?

Is that a city to city comparison? No. It is state to state. As I started this conversation before I ran into a RACIST along the way, I will end it.
    Michigan property taxes are too high across the board. Especially in cities like Detroit and Flint, where people are losing their homes at an alarming rate to unpaid property taxes. That is the topic of this thread.
    LOL You crack me up. You have just played the last card of all bleeding heart liberals, the dreaded RACE CARD! How did I know you would do that. Always when a liberal loses a political debate, that is the card played. LOL It has lost its effectiveness with me.

Why you ask? I have 4 grand babies that are black and I love them dearly and they think I'm pretty special too! But OK, if you say I'm a racist, I'll wear the moniker as I know that my g-kids would believe you are wrong. So would their black father who has stayed married to their mother their whole life. Walter is a wonderful father.

BTW, I don't think I should pay for any woman's babies except the women that I personally impregnated. I don't like any woman that pumps out babies and expects the taxpayer to pay for them, no matter what color they are. I know of brown, white, and black baby machines that I despise. It ain't because their black.

I've refrained from calling you names throughout our discussion as usually that doesn't help in a debate but since you have decided to use that tactic several times with me, I suppose it is only fair to payback once to really show what you are. You my friend are a POVERTY PIMP.

Why do I say this? Well, a pimp exploits women and you exploit the poor of Detroit. You excuse the fact that the current Detroiters have voted for what has happened to them and their city for over 50 years. You excuse them for not even trying to help themselves. You excuse their actions that I find repulsive. You excuse them when they don't pay taxes. You excuse them so you can wear the Moniker "ABetterDetroit". You sir, are a poverty pimp.

I really do have to agree about 100% with Cincinnati_Kid. You do need a name change. May I suggest "PovertyPimpRacist". You live and argue it, it is your life. Be honest and change.

PS That link is one that I've read a couple of times. Michigan is near the bottom of the list. I get that. I saw that months if not years ago and don't need you trying to use this to pimp for more tax from the state of Michigan. Just FYI, Detroit's problems were caused by Detroiters. It will take Detroiters to solve the problems. Quit trying to blame everyone else for the problems that you yourselves caused!

BTW, I don't think I should pay for any woman's babies except the women that I personally impregnated. I don't like any woman that pumps out babies and expects the taxpayer to pay for them, no matter what color they are. I know of brown, white, and black baby machines that I despise. It ain't because their black.
    He is not racist because he has black relatives. He is a ______________

To restore some sanity to the debate, income taxes and transaction [[e.g. sales) taxes by their very nature postulate an "ability to pay" while real, commercial, and personal property taxes on a cash poor person may not be immediately payable. In other words, taking a bite out of something flowing by is infinitely easier than taking a bite out of something just sitting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    To restore some sanity to the debate, income taxes and transaction [[e.g. sales) taxes by their very nature postulate an "ability to pay" while real, commercial, and personal property taxes on a cash poor person may not be immediately payable. In other words, taking a bite out of something flowing by is infinitely easier than taking a bite out of something just sitting there.
    That is that saying a mouth full. Nicely turned phrase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2