Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    I would not object to making the entire lower east side of the city into a State Park.

^^^Knee-jerk statements like that are precisely why "Detroit doesn't exactly welcome us [["yuppies") with open arms."

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    ^^^Knee-jerk statements like that are precisely why "Detroit doesn't exactly welcome us [["yuppies") with open arms."
    That's fair.

So let's dig into that a little. I admit that my tone was harsh. So that being on the table, why is the amount of hostility against me higher than the amount of hostility against the people causing the problem?

I can understand why people might be offended by what I said. But are they more offended by me than the reckless drivers out there causing chaos? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    That's fair.

So let's dig into that a little. I admit that my tone was harsh. So that being on the table, why is the amount of hostility against me higher than the amount of hostility against the people causing the problem?

I can understand why people might be offended by what I said. But are they more offended by me than the reckless drivers out there causing chaos? Why?
    Maybe it's because you ought to know better?

I had a similar occurrence once on Ryan in the 'burbs, believe it or not. Three cars made a right out of an apartment complex in perfect synchronization, bumper to bumper like a snake, into the left. A car from across the street made left at the exact same time, making the exact same arc into the same lane. Somehow, the lone car perfectly merged itself between 2 of the 3 cars, as the cars turning right spread apart to make just enough room [[and not an inch more!). It was like watching figure skaters or something.

Of course, they pulled out dangerously late, to the point where if I hadn't reacted just in time, it looked as if would've been crushed. I thought maybe it was all a crazy coincidence, but after reading your post, I'm not so sure.