Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Sychronized Reckless Driving? Mobile Knockout Game?!

File this under "What-The-Fuck-Detroit?"

Driving south down Dickerson, just east of Conner...maybe ten minutes ago...between Mack and Vernor...we saw a line of eight to ten vehicles coming towards us, and they were swerving from curb to curb at a pretty high rate of speed.

At first I thought they were avoiding one of the common puddles that collects after the rain...but when they all swerved, looking like a snake made of cars, AGAIN with us not five car lengths away I knew it was something different...more dastardly and NOT random.

They weren't budging, and there were two cars immediately behind us...so I couldn't jam on the brakes without causing something. Two cars in the middle of the pack drove straight at us...causing me to jump the curb after a driveway, and I was ready to drive across a few lawns to avoid the trees...but I could get back on the road quickly the moment they passed.

It was dark enough that there was no way for any of 'em to identify who they were fucking with, so I am quite sure it wasn't racial...it was just dangerous and stupid.

I guess there is nothing new under the Sun, they'd probably have called it "Chicken" in the past...but I am now more curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this in the city recently.

This follows a drive down I-94 where we saw three people make quick exits from the far-left lane...only one of 'em in the city, though. People were driving like maniacs everywhere, even in the Ikea parking lot. So perhaps it is the Moon phase? But its almost NEW now, the crazies are supposed to be affected when it is FULL.
    Last edited by Gannon; June-26-14 at 09:33 PM.