Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
That is totally accurate. They have the money to build it, but obviously, they'd like more "free money" if they can get it. This really isn't news; most not-for-profits apply for all sorts of government money, and they put forward sob stories and press releases in an attempt to get it. I am 100% in favor of the project, and plan to use. But I don't care if they get this grant. It's coming anyways.

Regarding the story of M1 Rail being novel-worthy, I must say it is not one of the lengthier, costly, or scandalous construction projects in history. A boring book.
Agreed. There have been "money issues" since 2007; that will never go away, it is a part of this business. I hope they get it just because the more non-local money that goes into this, the less local money it will need.

To me the interesting challenges of this project are the technical ones: how do we get under the railroad tracks, will an off-wire system actually work in a cold climate, how much can we mitigate the slowing effects of traffic, and so on.