For those of us on the northside, who may not know it, Ontario Provincial elections were held yesterday. This is the equivalent of a gubernatorial and legislative election in Michigan, like will occur in November minus the election of federal legislators.

The elections saw the NDP sweep the three parliamentary ridings [districts] that comprise Windsor, suburbs and beyond - Windsor West, Windsor Tecumseh and Essex but saw a the Liberal Party [equivalent to centrist Democrats here] capture majority control of the Ontario parliament. The NDP party color is orange hence the the subject line. [How am I doing my Canadian friends?] The New Democratic Party are equivalent to left progressive Democrats here.

So nobody can fling the name 'Liberal' at Windsor. The only one they had just got voted out in Windsor West.

Gretzky’s [Windsor West NDP] victory means the closest sitting member of Kathleen Wynne’s [Premier of Ontario] majority Liberal cabinet will be Deb Matthews in London North Centre.

It’s also the first time there has not been a Liberal MPP representing Windsor and Essex County at Queen’s Park since 1926.
From Windsor Star
I am curious about the take of this by our Canadian member. How does this effect Windsor's share of the Ontario pie and such? The defeated Liberal in Windsor West was to be in the cabinet.