Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Say what you will about Granholm, she was FAR more successful pulling major developments into Michigan
    I've always agreed with the idea that you can tell more about an elected official by what happens under the NEXT official's watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I've always agreed with the idea that you can tell more about an elected official by what happens under the NEXT official's watch.
    But you can't. Sometimes the next person is building on the previous one's efforts, and sometimes they aren't. And most of the time, it doesn't have much to do with them one way or the other.

I would be disinclined to ascribe Reagan's presidency to Carter, although Carter did begin the process of deregulation and of opposing the Soviets in Afghanistan. Granholm was not a good governor, and although Snyder hasn't been particularly good either, in both cases they were dealing with generally bad economic conditions in Michigan which they had [[and have) limited control over. I do give Snyder credit for doing a better job of trying to deal with the problems of Detroit than Granholm did, but I wouldn't give that credit to Granholm just because he followed her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2