Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Downtown could use a few trendier restaurants, the type that get national write-ups in the food scene. Wright and Co. and Guns + Butter promise that. If this is the announcement material, I applaud it, especially the filling of space on merchant's row, and now implore Gilbert to focus on tenants who would offer more practical amenities, like a department store or two.

Not sure this is a real leak. What is Detroiteatery.com? Do you mean Eater? I only see speculation there.

Wright and Company had been reported before, and Crain's is reporting it again today.

I found out about wright and co from Crains, so far nothing.

No news at the big announcement, aside from a soup/salad place adding a location in addition to its WSU spot. http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...4-new-downtown

While Wright/Co is very exciting from a food/dining experience, Bedrock needs to step its leasing game up if it's going to go around calling press conferences. We're not where we want to be yet if a salad bar steals a week of press.

From Channel 4:

The restaurants are Mike's Kabob Grille, 7 Greens Detroit Salad Co., Wright & Co., and Freshii.

Wow, that is some Pure Michigan right there.

Huge headline on the Freep right now announcing a kebob house, a salad bar, and already opened fast food joint. Sounds like a typical Wixom strip mall, they're just missing the tanning joint, cash-for-gold and sketch Thai take-out.

Is there any major city on earth where the opening of a kebob house and salad bar is front-page news?

I was disappointed as well. The kebob place was announced months ago.

Yeah, this was super disappointing. A place that's already open, two we already knew about, and a replacement for Rio Wraps. I mean, it is good news, but nothing exciting.

I'll trade any 3 of the 4 for a Taco Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I'll trade any 3 of the 4 for a Taco Bell.
    Or even a McDonalds.

Chrysler/Mack or Canfield/Woodward is way too far to go for fast food Burgers and Fries.

EDIT: And I wouldn't hold my breath for a Taco Bell. They've closed all but 1 of their Detroit locations in the past 5 years.
    Last edited by 313WX; June-04-14 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Or even a McDonalds.

Chrysler/Mack or Canfield/Woodward is way too far to go for fast food Burgers and Fries.

EDIT: And I wouldn't hold my breath for a Taco Bell. They've closed all but 1 of their Detroit in the past 5 years.
    It's a new, brilliant corporate strategy called "Don't put our business in a prime market it". It's working pretty well

I think every time Bedrock says they are making an announcement, we all assume it's going to be a game changer, the one thing the city was missing, the key to the puzzle, etc. But it never is. I really don't expect much out of their press conferences, I was expecting something on this level to be honest.

I'm glad that these restaurants are opening, but this kind of media circus was a bit much. To me, the Corktown data center would have been worth the coverage moreso than this.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Or even a McDonalds.

EDIT: And I wouldn't hold my breath for a Taco Bell. They've closed all but 1 of their Detroit locations in the past 5 years.
    there is also the McD's in the RenCen during the day if you ever have that craving

Bedrock's press strategist should be replaced. Good to be in the press, and they've accomplished that much. But in doing so, they dangled 'forthcoming news' that isn't actually 'news.' It is not hard to generate good press in Detroit; this week's tactic fell flat.

Definitely overblown. A story I would love to see reported on by a local paper is everything going on in Capitol Park. As far as I can tell...seven buildings and one new construction are all currently being renovated/built/planned. Would love to see a story on that...seems to be somewhat overlooked...

I can't believe this is front page news at the Free Press. You would think Microsoft is moving here.

Gilbert wasted his money to get the news to report this! This is a teaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    Bedrock's press strategist should be replaced. Good to be in the press, and they've accomplished that much. But in doing so, they dangled 'forthcoming news' that isn't actually 'news.' It is not hard to generate good press in Detroit; this week's tactic fell flat.
    Couldn't disagree more. Hits his target audience right where they live. Young professionals LOVE to talk endlessly about the healthy restaurants they like to frequent. If you want to start up a conversation about where the funeral homes, fast food joints or bars used to be in days gone by... They will look at you with a blank stare on their face like your a idiot. [[nothing personal, just the truth)
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; June-04-14 at 05:10 PM.

Freshii is pretty good. There's a location a block from me. Good place for a quick bite to eat. Guess I was expecting something a bit more exciting but happy to hear the good news

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post

Huge headline on the Freep right now announcing a kebob house, a salad bar, and already opened fast food joint. Sounds like a typical Wixom strip mall, they're just missing the tanning joint, cash-for-gold and sketch Thai take-out.

Is there any major city on earth where the opening of a kebob house and salad bar is front-page news?
    Thanks for reminding us why so many here tend to ignore you...

GUSHI Guest

In other related news the Chaldean council of michigan announce another party store is opening, in between the wig store and check cashing store. the check cashing store is afraid that the party store will take business from them do to tha party stor offering check cashing. COMING TO A HOOD NEAR U! What a bunch of no news.

slow_motion Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post

Spot on. This is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    In other related news the Chaldean council of michigan announce another party store is opening, in between the wig store and check cashing store. the check cashing store is afraid that the party store will take business from them do to tha party stor offering check cashing. COMING TO A HOOD NEAR U! What a bunch of no news.
    Do you and Justin Beiber get your jokes from the same source? http://www.freep.com/article/2014060...videos-surface

GUSHI Guest

No i refuse to support Candians.
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Do you and Justin Beiber get your jokes from the same source? http://www.freep.com/article/2014060...videos-surface

what is this "American small plates" notion? Hipster lingo?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast