Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    My point is exactly what I said.
    You have no point. Again, there are NBA teams that play outside of the city proper, and there are NBA teams not named for their city.

And it doesn't matter. If every single NBA team played in a downtown arena and was named for the main city, there would still be no point. There is no sort of rule or tradition that arena location or team naming is enforced on a league level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but that's Michigan's wealth center.
    The problem in a nutshell...

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    I'm a libertarian. It's a well accepted political view and one of its basic premises is that most people are motivated by their pocket books. There's even people like Ron Paul who've been elected on a libertarian platform. And you can see this theory in action when Detroit's population continues declining every year.

I dont care about your political views. Ventura was a Libertarian Governer and we saw how that turned out. His approval rating dipped the whole time in office. What has Ron Paul accomplished that Ross Perot didn't? Paul was a representative from Texas who always voted in favor of big oil and paid $200,000 for Michael Landeau's coat from highway to heaven to be burried in. The guy or his son are not the answer...

Windsor is a border city, so it would exist no matter what. I'm a boater in my spare time, so why would I be dependent on downtown?? I'd be happy wherever there's water and Canada is filled with waterways and boating towns. My income is in no way dependent upon Detroit. I came down here for the cheap real estate in Windsor compared to the rest of Ontario.

Hey bud why do you think your real estate was cheap? Could it be how close you are to Detroit? Isn't that kind of looking a gift horse in the mouth or were you really that uneducated upon arrival? Do you really think Windsor would be what it is without Detroit?

And if I flee Detroit at night to a safer city across the river it's because the city sucks due to rampant crime.

So you do spend time in the city and then go on your rants about how no-one needs Detroit. YOUR A JOKE..

Are you retarded or just blind? What's pathetic is someone who denies what's around them. Look around you. You just have to drive down several streets in Detroit to understand the ills. Boarded up and burnt out houses. Missing windows. Graffiti everywhere. For rent signs everywhere. Garbage everywhere. Empty warehouses. Rampant crime. Scrappers ripping apart buildings for scrap metal. There's tonnes of youtube videos on Detroit you can google to prove my point if you're one of the users from Chicago that never set foot in the city. Do you want me to cut and paste links? OK Here's some:
    Here's one from driving down the streets of Detroit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHgqPvWzKDc
    Here's another youtube from Fox 2 where boarded up homes outnumber the people in residential neighborhoods https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCT_g_n61gY

Nice videos, you upload those to youtube? You seem pathetic enough to spend time dogging the city any chance you get. Is this a major goal in your life?

Obviously it sounds like you don't have money and it's bothering you and you're taking being broke personal. Boo hoo. Who cares what you think of Windsor?! I have my issues with it too, but Detroit is ten times worse.

I'm broke? Sorry I didn't have to move to somewhere just in search of "cheap real-estate", I have a family to worry about not some boating "hobby". I chose a beautiful neighborhood with an awesome city park less than a block away..Plus I didn't have to worry about massive market fluctuation in the past or present. My house has gained value for years. Yours? No smoke and mirrors in my neighborhood. I dont live in Detroit, or Michigan for that matter so spare me the Detroit neighborhood diatribe..

How am I a tool if I care about making money instead of collecting welfare and keyboarding fiction about Detroit all day on the Internet? Isn't you collecting welfare being a tool?

You are a true mouth breather. I'm on welfare? This shows your intelligence/maturity level to label me as being on welfare. Think what you want, I dont need to sit and talk about my pocketbook or "hobbies". I'll save that for the loudest guy in the room, you....

Who cares? City income taxes are destroying Detroit, not NBA teams. City income taxes are the "cause" and the Pistons having left the city is the "effect".

You have no grasp of politics and I refuse to debate with you and be brought down to your imbecilic level.
    BTW a few years ago in a post directed at you I outlined how Detroit was responsible for what Windsor is today, you didn't respond and have kept pretending Windsor is not Detroit and has its own identity. You pretend you only live in Windsor for "cheap real estate" yet you admit to crossing the boarder to take advantage of what the city has to offer. You loved the proximity to the city...DENIAL....
    YOU ARE A TOOL....

Maybe your just mad because as Detroit goes, so does Windsor.. Like it not your connected at the hip to your most despised setting in life, the COD! The irony.... If I hated NYC, I wouldn't move to Jersey City because the real estate market is vulnerable[[cheap) or its access to water..You arent fooling anyone...Keep sipping that Molson Canadian kool-aid bud...
    Last edited by Dbest; May-27-14 at 08:17 AM.

You have no point. Again, there are NBA teams that play outside of the city proper, and there are NBA teams not named for their city.

And it doesn't matter. If every single NBA team played in a downtown arena and was named for the main city, there would still be no point. There is no sort of rule or tradition that arena location or team naming is enforced on a league level.
    Every single team in the NBA that uses a city's named is located in that city, except for the Detroit Pistons. What is so fucking hard to understand about that?

Every single team in the NBA that uses a city's named is located in that city, except for the Detroit Pistons. What is so fucking hard to understand about that?
    Bham is grasping for straws, its obvious that he is avoiding the question. #talkntobrickwall#

Lost in all of this, of course, is DOWNTOWN AUBURN HILLS! What better center than that?

Why, let's hear what the city government has to say:

"Downtown Auburn Hills is as beautiful as it is unique. Located along the scenic Clinton River in Southeast Michigan, our downtown area features brick-paved sidewalks, a riverside park, and is blanketed by a free Wi-Fi network that can be accessed indoors and outdoors.

The charming Downtown is now home to many community events, including a Farmers' Market, Summerfest, Paddlepalooza, the Halloween Spooktacular, Summer Concert Music Series, an outdoor ice rink, and more! It also features a variety of businesses and restaurants owned by community-minded business owners.

In 2002, the small downtown area at Auburn and Squirrel was revitalized as the 'Village Center' with streetscape improvements. Since then, business downtown has grown and shows no signs of stopping."

Located around the intersection of Auburn and Squirrel, it's only 6 miles from The Palace and is nearly longitudinal to downtown Pontiac! With convenient freeway access, you'll drive through it before you even noticed. Take a look folks, I think you'll like what you see: http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicc/cfiles4065.jpg .
    Last edited by nain rouge; May-27-14 at 08:49 AM.

There are plenty of teams that don't take the name of the city in which they're actually playing, and even if every team but the Pistons had such a policy, then Gilbert would still be an ass, because there is no such logical resulting policy.

There is no logical reasoning here. Team A calls itself "X", therefore Team B also needs to call itself "X". Why, exactly? Do the Golden State Warriors have to change their name to the Oakland Warriors because no other NBA team uses a state slogan as the team name? Maybe the Brooklyn Nets have to change their name to the New York Nets, because no other NBA team uses a borough name as the team name?
    Last edited by Bham1982; May-27-14 at 09:38 AM.

There are plenty of teams that don't take the name of the city in which they're actually playing, and even if every team but the Pistons had such a policy, then Gilbert would still be an ass, because there is no such logical resulting policy.

There is no logical reasoning here. Team A calls itself "X", therefore Team B also needs to call itself "X". Why, exactly? Do the Golden State Warriors have to change their name to the Oakland Warriors because no other NBA team uses a state slogan as the team name? Maybe the Brooklyn Nets have to change their name to the New York Nets, because no other NBA team uses a borough name as the team name?
    If you don't understand by now then there's really nothing left to say.

ETA: Actually there is something left to say and then I'm done.

If NBA team uses locality name then NBA team located in locality.

Every single team in the NBA works according to that formula, except the Pistons.
    Last edited by iheartthed; May-27-14 at 09:45 AM.

If you don't understand by now then there's really nothing left to say.

ETA: Actually there is something left to say and then I'm done.

If NBA team uses locality name then NBA team located in locality.

Every single team in the NBA works according to that formula, except the Pistons.
    No, not every single tam in the NBA works according to that formula.

And again, Gilbert's comments do not make any sense. If it were true that every single team took the name of the host city, it would have no relevance to the team name for the Detroit Pistons. They could be the Michigan Pistons, the Great Lake State Pistons, the Oakland County Pistons, or the Shanghai Pistons for all it matters. There is no policy that guides team names.

No, not every single tam in the NBA works according to that formula.

And again, Gilbert's comments do not make any sense. If it were true that every single team took the name of the host city, it would have no relevance to the team name for the Detroit Pistons. They could be the Michigan Pistons, the Great Lake State Pistons, the Oakland County Pistons, or the Shanghai Pistons for all it matters. There is no policy that guides team names.
    Name one team that doesn't.

Name one team that doesn't.
    Currently, in the NBA-

Detroit Pistons
    Golden State Warriors
    Brooklyn Nets
    Utah Jazz
    Indiana Pacers
    Minnesota Timberwolves
    New York Knicks [[this is just a technicality; they are most likely technically referring to the city, not the state, but there is no formal reference to what they're referring to)

Geez, all these teams should be punished for not enforcing the made-up rule of "must use exact legal name of municipality in team name or risk wrath from ripoff mortgage billionaire"

Currently, in the NBA-

Detroit Pistons
    Golden State Warriors
    Brooklyn Nets
    Utah Jazz
    Indiana Pacers
    Minnesota Timberwolves
    New York Knicks [[this is just a technicality; they are most likely technically referring to the city, not the state, but there is no formal reference to what they're referring to)

Geez, all these teams should be punished for not enforcing the made-up rule of "must use exact legal name of municipality in team name or risk wrath from ripoff mortgage billionaire"
    Dude, you are not representing the schools in Birmingham well right now.

You're falling into the Bham trap! Just stop! Bham's whole schtick is too pick his own, slightly off-kilter way of viewing a matter and stick to it no matter what. You can try changing the discussion, but he's still just going to hammer on with his original talking point as if nothing happened. If you challenge him on it enough, he'll just question your reading comprehension or knowledge of what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by nain rouge View Post
    You're falling into the Bham trap! Just stop! Bham's whole schtick is too pick his own, slightly off-kilter way of viewing a matter and stick to it no matter what. You can try changing the discussion, but he's still just going to hammer on with his original talking point as if nothing happened. If you challenge him on it enough, he'll just question your reading comprehension or knowledge of what he's talking about.
    I never ever want to hear about how good the Birmingham school system is ever again after this conversation.

Brooklyn Nets

What are you talking about? Should we call them the Prospect Heights Nets? Get your facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    What are you talking about? Should we call them the Prospect Heights Nets? Get your facts straight.
    Brooklyn isn't a city. If we are to follow Dan Gilbert's made-up rule, the Brooklyn Nets have to change their name to the New York City Nets.

I never ever want to hear about how good the Birmingham school system is ever again after this conversation.
    Wait a minute...I went to BPS! Then again, I am an idiot...

Not a BPS grad, love the ad hominen insult, and love how you still completely miss the reason why you have no point- there is no relevance whatsoever to what any other team is naming itself in the NBA.

Until you understand that they could be the Zanzibar Pistons, and Glibert would still have no point, then you won't get it. It's like saying "there is no other team in the NBA with an auto part name, yet many with animal names, therefore the Detroit Pistons have to be the Detroit Skunks" It makes zero sense. It's Gilbert non-logic, and the fact that you're asking me to name other NBA teams shows you don't get it.

Brooklyn isn't a city. If we are to follow Dan Gilbert's made-up rule, the Brooklyn Nets have to change their name to the New York City Nets.

Point taken.. I see what you did there. The Bronx Yankees or the Queens Mets, just doesn't sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    Point taken.. I see what you did there. The Bronx Yankees or the Queens Mets, just doesn't sound right.
    No, that wasn't Gilbert's point and I don't know why he keeps trying to say that it is. The Brooklyn Nets are located in Brooklyn. The Detroit Pistons are located in Auburn Hills. Dan Gilbert is saying that if a basketball team is going to use the name of a city then it should be located in that city. Every single team in the NBA that chooses to use the name of a city is located in that city. Except the NBA team that chooses to use the name Detroit.

Not a BPS grad, love the ad hominen insult, and love how you still completely miss the reason why you have no point- there is no relevance whatsoever to what any other team is naming itself in the NBA.

Until you understand that they could be the Zanzibar Pistons, and Glibert would still have no point, then you won't get it. It's like saying "there is no other team in the NBA with an auto part name, yet many with animal names, therefore the Detroit Pistons have to be the Detroit Skunks" It makes zero sense. It's Gilbert non-logic, and the fact that you're asking me to name other NBA teams shows you don't get it.
    Well, whatever school system let you out the door without being able to follow simple logical reasoning arguments should probably have their accreditation reconsidered.

I thought Brooklyn was NYC?

And if so, how is Auburn Hills [[a completely separate governmental entity) Detroit?

No, that wasn't Gilbert's point and I don't know why he keeps trying to say that it is. The Brooklyn Nets are located in Brooklyn. The Detroit Pistons are located in Auburn Hills. Dan Gilbert is saying that if a basketball team is going to use the name of a city then it should be located in that city. Every single team in the NBA that chooses to use the name of a city is located in that city. Except the NBA team that chooses to use the name Detroit.
    I can't believe I'm stating the obvious, but Auburn Hills is part of Metro Detroit, and obviously they would not take the name Auburn Hills because it's a tiny municiaplity. There is no professional sports team I'm aware of that has done what Gilbert is asking [[take the name of a tiny municipality), yet there are many sports teams located in tiny municipalities.

So they are the Detroit Pistons for the same reason that it's the New York Giants, not the East Rutherford Giants, but, again, it doesn't matter, because there is no such required naming convention.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I thought Brooklyn was NYC?

And if so, how is Auburn Hills [[a completely separate governmental entity) Detroit?
    You can't be serious. The fact that you're asking the question, means you're completely missing the point.

And, no, Brooklyn is not NYC. Brooklyn is a part of NYC. The Brooklyn Nets are violating the "Gilbert Rule" as their name does not reflect the municipality in which they're located.

Default And The Winner Is...

Birmingham Public Schools, specifically high schools, are not the best schools in Michigan. Birmingham’s neighbor Bloomfield Hills takes that award – International Academy kills it, at the state, as well as national level. Ranking Michigan high schools; Troy came in 3rd, Rochester Adams 8th, Bloomfield Hills Andover 10th, Ann Arbor’s Huron ranked higher than Birmingham’s Seaholm high – the only Birmingham high school that ranked in the upper tiers, I didn't go through the entire list.
    Nationally the only high school in Michigan to break into the top 50 is – International Academy in Bloomfield Hills, ranking an incredibility high 9th place. Troy high school does have a fairly high national ranking as well.
    Links are provided:
    http://www.usnews.com/education/best...ngs?int=c0b4c1
    http://www.usnews.com/education/best...ional-rankings
    Methodology:
    http://www.usnews.com/education/best...hools-rankings

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast