Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by David L View Post
    Any news on when rehab is going to begin on Farwell and other buildings in Capitol Park? Seems like this was announced a long time ago.
    Plenty of info out there about the projects if you hit up your best friend Google...

The Griswold Building [[1214 Griswold) is under construction as The Albert, tenants will begin moving in next month. The United Way Building [[1212 Griswold) is under construction as offices for the Archdiocese and a collection of apartments. The Bamlet Building [[1265 Griswold) is under construction as the new DIME school of music.

According to people who would know, the Capitol Park Building [[1145 Griswold) will begin construction this summer once Karp has completed The United Way Building. The Farwell Building, also controlled by Karp, will be the last of his projects to begin construction. This could be as early as 4th quarter this year.

Once all of these large projects are online, the smaller buildings will most likely see development.

Quote Originally Posted by eliboyer View Post
    Plenty of info out there about the projects if you hit up your best friend Google...

The Griswold Building [[1214 Griswold) is under construction as The Albert, tenants will begin moving in next month. The United Way Building [[1212 Griswold) is under construction as offices for the Archdiocese and a collection of apartments. The Bamlet Building [[1265 Griswold) is under construction as the new DIME school of music.

According to people who would know, the Capitol Park Building [[1145 Griswold) will begin construction this summer once Karp has completed The United Way Building. The Farwell Building, also controlled by Karp, will be the last of his projects to begin construction. This could be as early as 4th quarter this year.

Once all of these large projects are online, the smaller buildings will most likely see development.
    "Curbed" is covering the Bamlet today. Looks likes a major project. I have always loved the curved corner. And I'm glad to hear that the storefronts seem to be destined for a restoration to a more original look.

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...-treatment.php

But I think everyone is waiting for something at the Farwell, with its looming presence on the park.
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; May-16-14 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post

But I think everyone is waiting for something at the Farwell, with its looming presence on the park.
    Totally agree. I'm glad Karp intends to renovate it, but I wish it wasn't third in line. It's absolutely the key piece in revitalizing Capitol Park.