Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by tobyunited View Post
    I m planning to move to Detroit in couple month. I am currently living in San Jose, CA and I have interest for the following places but no idea that where is the best to live.

Does anyone got any idea?

Gilchrist Street
    Braille Street
    Forrer Street
    Glastonbury Street
    Beatrice Street

Your opinon is helpful
    When moving to Detroit neighborhood follow these steps:

1. Is the neighnorhood safe?

2. Do I get police response?

3. Are they any good homes?

4. Are the schools around the neighborhood good for my children?

5. Is the neighbors nice?

6. Are they any good mom and pop stores?

I suggest that you log on to projects.nytimes.com/2010/census/map?hp to find our about the demographics and log on to schooldigger.com. You may or may not like what you see.

Over the past 29 years when living on Detroit is see my old hood change from good to worse. So I move away just like millions of white folks and later black middle class folks. However Detroit is redeveloping. I just see two Detroits. A black and blighted ghetto and develop areas for young professionals. Take your pick after you did some research. Don't just move to Detroit, suburb or any city until you look the demographics. Most neighorhoods look pretty and filled with nice homes, businesses and trees, but it can get dirty as you go further.
    Last edited by Danny; May-12-14 at 12:50 PM.