Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    The teacher tried to help the kids from killing each other and got fired. She should have her job back with a raise.
    i agree. she tried to help at least. maybe she made a mistake with the broom.
    if the kid is ok with her still being his teacher i think she should get another chance.

i hope they dont bring charges against her.
    i hope the kids dont do battles in class anymore. that fight looked a little one sided too.

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    i agree. she tried to help at least. maybe she made a mistake with the broom.
    if the kid is ok with her still being his teacher i think she should get another chance.

i hope they dont bring charges against her.
    i hope the kids dont do battles in class anymore. that fight looked a little one sided too.
    She didn't make a mistake at all. She did the best she could given the circumstance.

She didn't make a mistake at all. She did the best she could given the circumstance.
    I watched the video. I don't see that the teacher made a mistake. In fact I think she had a responsibility to do what she did.

Sure, there are rules for teacher behavior. But I think I would break them too if it helped a child who was getting slugged and was a real risk of real injury. The child hit by the broom. 1) More force should and can be used against an aggressor. 2) Its a broom. A direct hit by the broom is much less severe than the blunt force of that kid's fist on the kid being beaten. I think she absolutely had to act as she did while waiting for security.

You think she should have done nothing? You know for sure you'd do better in her shoes?

Well, she was fired. A good samaritan helping a kid getting beaten fired by misapplication of a well-intentioned rule. At least she can be proud of her actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I watched the video. I don't see that the teacher made a mistake. In fact I think she had a responsibility to do what she did.

Sure, there are rules for teacher behavior. But I think I would break them too if it helped a child who was getting slugged and was a real risk of real injury. The child hit by the broom. 1) More force should and can be used against an aggressor. 2) Its a broom. A direct hit by the broom is much less severe than the blunt force of that kid's fist on the kid being beaten. I think she absolutely had to act as she did while waiting for security.

You think she should have done nothing? You know for sure you'd do better in her shoes?

Well, she was fired. A good samaritan helping a kid getting beaten fired by misapplication of a well-intentioned rule. At least she can be proud of her actions.
    Maybe my post was not clear. I agree with you. I said she DID NOT make a mistake. She probably saved the kids from further injury.

The parents and kid should be punished. Teacher should be re-hired, given a bonus.

Maybe my post was not clear. I agree with you. I said she DID NOT make a mistake. She probably saved the kids from further injury.

The parents and kid should be punished. Teacher should be re-hired, given a bonus.
    And a new broom!