Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Really it is what happens when you give developers too much land. They lose creativity and then they lose authenticity. My only hope with Orleans Landing is that it was done so cheaply that someone down the line can tear it down and build something with proper density for that area. It always looks dead within the complex and none of the retails spaces have been activated.
    Definitely a few commercial tenants in those spaces. A few shops and a boxing or kickboxing gym. Hasn't filled up as much as I'm sure they hoped, but not completely dead.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    Definitely a few commercial tenants in those spaces. A few shops and a boxing or kickboxing gym. Hasn't filled up as much as I'm sure they hoped, but not completely dead.
    Wow, okay. I walk through that area at least once a week and it never looks to be busy or have customers. Maybe I'm not walking through at "peak" time.

Don't forget the huge footprint near Pontiac made by Mat Ishbia's United Wholesale Mortgage - UWM. Ishbia insists that his nearly 7,000 employees come to the office daily. And although the UWM campus offers almost everything that a young workforce would require, there is potential there for young singles who might want to live closer to work. Ishbia is an aggressive, motivated business rival of Dan Gilbert, and, perhaps he will one day want to get into the urban core redevelopment business by staking his claim in Pontiac. Finally, for the safety and welfare of everyone, housing development has to begin with the current Pontiac dwellers.
    Last edited by Vitalis; September-03-22 at 03:19 PM.

Ishbia has done the opposite of what Gilbert did in Detroit. Instead of integrating into the city like Gilbert did with his buildings scattered throughout downtown Detroit and making it a point that his employees participate in the downtown economy, UWM created an insulated campus surrounded by parking. They even built a bridge so people never have to go outside. Sure, there may be ancillary effects of more people working in Pontiac, but UWM's building is designed to keep people inside.

Ishbia is garbage. I know a friend of him, and his attitude is he doesn't care at all about improving the community around him or giving back. He is not interested in doing any kind of Gilbert-like projects. Expect absolutely nothing out of him.

People here really don't know how extremely lucky we are to have somebody like Gilbert and his team. They actually give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Ishbia is garbage. I know a friend of him, and his attitude is he doesn't care at all about improving the community around him or giving back. He is not interested in doing any kind of Gilbert-like projects. Expect absolutely nothing out of him.

People here really don't know how extremely lucky we are to have somebody like Gilbert and his team. They actually give a damn.
    Also, it shows how people should be concerning the largest city in the State. Pontiac is an actual city and people don't realize how depressed a State it's in.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5