Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

For those keeping score at home:

- It's OKAY to insult a group of strangers who are protesting something we don't know about.

- It's NOT OKAY to insult one specific poster named guito13.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    You can't make up a debate and insult the unknowing participant. I haven't even come close to commenting on this nonsense topic.

What's with you people?
    I know you're struggling to keep up, so let's try something different.

I understand Guito's comments very well. He's bringing into question the idea that our society has slid down a very slippery slope of entitlement. More so, we have siphoned out the idea of life, liberty and THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. Our culture has ventured away from the pursuit part, and we have an entire sect of our society that is dependent upon our government for their entire natural lives. There is a popular phrase out there and it goes something like: Welfare should not be a way of life, but a second chance. Well, it has become a way of life..... and for a growing number of people.

How do you re-instill that pursuit into people who only know welfare as a way of life? It's not really even an option.

Did you really think I was serious when I suggested taxing you more so you could keep crying?

More strawmen.

Remember your first post in this thread? Where you insulted the protesters without knowing what they were protesting? Where you called them lazy for believing in societal values?

Yeah, that's all I've addressed. The rest of your comments are off-topic.
    I reply to your comments that have content that can actually be discussed and/or debated. You brought up the taxation issue so you should credit yourself with bringing up that "straw man" topic.

I said that people who are lazy and chose not to work should NOT have the right to have housing and utilities provided to them at no cost. Please explain to me why you think they should and how it should be paid for with actual facts and try to keep out the deflection and insults.

For those keeping score at home:

- It's OKAY to insult a group of strangers who are protesting something we don't know about.

- It's NOT OKAY to insult one specific poster named guito13.
    Please show me where I insulted anyone in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    I know you're struggling to keep up, so let's try something different.

I understand Guito's comments very well. He's bringing into question the idea that our society has slid down a very slippery slope of entitlement. More so, we have siphoned out the idea of life, liberty and THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. Our culture has ventured away from the pursuit part, and we have an entire sect of our society that is dependent upon our government for their entire natural lives. There is a popular phrase out there and it goes something like: Welfare should not be a way of life, but a second chance. Well, it has become a way of life..... and for a growing number of people.

How do you re-instill that pursuit into people who only know welfare as a way of life? It's not really even an option.
    Why are you changing the subject and expecting me to follow you?

I'm clear in my topic. If you or guito13 don't like it, you don't have to reply. I haven't addressed these issues and don't plan to do so here.

Is this the "entitlement" of which you speak? You can change the conversation and think everyone should follow you because you said so?

Talk about struggling to keep up. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    Please show me where I insulted anyone in this thread.
    Are you kidding me? Read your first post. Then read your second.

Are you kidding me? Read your first post. Then read your second.
    I see no insults in my first post, my second post may have been a bit harsh however, but I hardly see it as an insult.

I reply to your comments that have content that can actually be discussed and/or debated. You brought up the taxation issue so you should credit yourself with bringing up that "straw man" topic.

I said that people who are lazy and chose not to work should NOT have the right to have housing and utilities provided to them at no cost. Please explain to me why you think they should and how it should be paid for with actual facts and try to keep out the deflection and insults.
    That's funny. I was joking about the taxation issue, for the most part. I was pointing out your strawman.

I never said people who are lazy and choose not to work should have the right to housing and utilities. Reading comprehension, pal.

I see no insults in my first post, my second post may have been a bit harsh however, but I hardly see it as an insult.
    And I think that sums up my comments to you here. Totally oblivious. Thanks.

I'm clear in my topic. If you or guito13 don't like it, you don't have to reply. I haven't addressed these issues and don't plan to do so here.

Is this the "entitlement" of which you speak? You can change the conversation and think everyone should follow you because you said so?

So lets talk about your societal values that you keep bringing up. What is your stance on that topic exactly?

More deflection. Very impressive noise. If your goal was to bait people into a silly digital argument, I would say good work. None the less, you are a complete waste of time. Or very slow. I'm not sure, nor do I care. Now back to work managing those 50 employees of yours. Speaking of that, you sure have a lot of free time while managing 50 employees. Hmmmmm...... yeah.

Wow, you both are so ~yawn~ interesting.

I am wondering when will the, "you're a stink butt" insults start?

So lets talk about your societal values that you keep bringing up. What is your stance on that topic exactly?
    They're not my societal values. They're things we already support. We pay taxes. We fund programs. We donate. We volunteer. We aren't individual islands.

We aren't the Tea Party.

More deflection. Very impressive noise. If your goal was to bait people into a silly digital argument, I would say good work. None the less, you are a complete waste of time. Or very slow. I'm not sure, nor do I care. Now back to work managing those 50 employees of yours. Speaking of that, you sure have a lot of free time while managing 50 employees. Hmmmmm...... yeah.
    I don't think you know what deflection is. You want me to argue topics I've never addressed. That's just crazy. You want to argue points I'm not making. You're upset about something that doesn't exist.

Case in point: I never said I managed 50 employees. I said I employ about 50 people.

They're not my societal values. They're things we already support. We pay taxes. We fund programs. We donate. We volunteer. We aren't individual islands.

We aren't the Tea Party.

Please give me detail and please don't try to make this political. Talk about staying on topic.

I don't think you know what deflection is. You want me to argue topics I've never addressed. That's just crazy.

Case in point: I never said I managed 50 employees. I said I employ about 50 people.
    Pimp? Drug Kingpin? Avon Rep?

:-)

Please give me detail and please don't try to make this political. Talk about staying on topic.
    I'm not going to cut your food for you.

Talking politics about political issues is staying on topic, by the way.

Go back to insulting protesters without knowing why they protest.

I don't think you know what deflection is. You want me to argue topics I've never addressed. That's just crazy. You want to argue points I'm not making. You're upset about something that doesn't exist.

Sounds like the words of a legit business owner.

I'm not going to cut your food for you.

Talking politics about political issues is staying on topic, by the way.

Go back to insulting protesters without knowing why they protest.
    Please try to add some content to your posts. Since you apparently know what they are protesting by inferring that in your post, please enlighten me. Isn't the point of protesting trying to get your message out there to hopefully create perceived positive change?

Pimp? Drug Kingpin? Avon Rep?

:-)
    Those may be more exciting. It's a production manufacturing plant. Auto, agri, gov, whatever. Lots of little parts.

Please try to add some content to your posts. Since you apparently know what they are protesting by inferring that in your post, please enlighten me. Isn't the point of protesting trying to get your message out there to hopefully create perceived positive change?
    You first.

You act like post #12 doesn't exist.

For what it's worth, I don't even care about their protest issues in the context of this thread. I care about writing them off as entitled and lazy simply because they're protesting.

Sounds like the words of a legit business owner.
    Then try this on for size: I'm not even there most days. I have a full-time job as an academic.

But hey, you should publicly doubt me. That'll change some things. It'll certainly change your inability to comprehend an argument.

Those may be more exciting. It's a production manufacturing plant. Auto, agri, gov, whatever. Lots of little parts.
    Congratulations on your success. Perhaps your perception may be impacted by your lot in life [[most peoples are). You may have the extra income and time to donate and think everyone else is in such a position. Most of us workers, laborers or office workers, are not in such a position to want to give more of their hard earned money to others.

My two cents:

These folks will never become more than a handful of wild-eyed radicals if they go around screaming about racism and jailing banksters.

I'm probably center-left, but used to be pretty far left. Mostly I just disagree with the right, who I believe have completely sold out to corporations and the religious right [[I'm religious, too, just not political about it). They're basically turning us into a banana republic, with the very rich and the very poor and little in between.

For example: $15/hour for burger flipping is absurd. $11? That I could get behind. The minimum wage is far too low.

The rich are getting richer and the poor poorer. Do we need to raise taxes on the ultra-wealthy? Yeah, for sure! Do we need to throw them in jail? Probably not.

However, do I support an EM? Sure, in some form, since the city government has failed. I'm the last person you're going to find rallying to give Brenda Jones any kind of power back.

Practicality, people. I want people to be able to work hard and earn a decent living as a result, that's all.

Then try this on for size: I'm not even there most days. I have a full-time job as an academic.

But hey, you should publicly doubt me. That'll change some things. It'll certainly change your inability to comprehend an argument.
    I believe Noise works at good ole' WSU. A very prestigious university!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast