Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Bangladesh Festival in Hamtramck on Conant this weekend!

Hi Guys,

There is a 2 block Bangladesh festival in Hamtramck Fri, Sat, and Sun this weekend, July 24, 25, 26. It is on Conant at Conant & Caniff.

I didn't know anything about it until they started putting up tents in front of my house today! Ha ha. Thanks for the advance warning guys! Hamtramck has no local newspaper any more, so I didn't know about it, until my wife called me at work and complained about a banging this morning in front of the house. "Uh, well Honey," I told her ....

It's kinda cool, hanging out the window and watching the people walk by. It's like having the circus come to town ... and set up in your yard.

They have a stage at one end, and lots of food booths. And if you want a Sari, this is the place to come!

It is kind of small, 2 blocks, and it is only along one side of the street. There are no rides and no alcohol. Bring your kids and get samosas!

Meanwhile, I am supposed to be painting the basement this weekend. But who can paint when there is a party in your front yard?

Rock on Hamtramck.
    Last edited by RickBeall; July-24-09 at 08:07 PM.