I spent five years downtown... I could never afford to live there anymore... way too expensive. But as much as it seems counter-intuitive to me, I guess the strategy of raising rent in order to get a "different class" of people into the city is working... I had no idea! I really think things are gonna be different, especially downtown, because these people [[I have no idea who they are except that the folks I bought a toaster oven from at the former Millender Center apts were two early 20-somethings who looked like they belonged in an Abercrombie catalog) are spending between 1000 and 4500 a month to live down there... the stores and every day conveniences are gonna have to follow... and I'll watch it happen and see it when I go there for work or a Tigers or Wings game. My time down there was a blast but when I moved out of Trolley Plaza the rent for my wonderful corner 20th story unit was about 700 a month... the front desk guy Al [[who is awesome) last told me it is about a grand for that unit. I can't imagine who has that money for a one bedroom unit but the people are there! Downtown has not been this crowded in decades! So, I see this effort as one that I think might really work... even if it puts us "normals" out of the mix...