Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Stosh Guest

Anyone interested in reading the actual reports generated by Ms. Wood can go here:

http://www.kroll.com/about/library/detroit/

Funny, when this first started, Kroll was the "Independent Monitor" and she worked for them. Now she's the Independent Monitor "assisted" by Kroll? Looks like that started about mid 2007. That should have been some type of contract that went through council since Kroll collected more than 1.2 - 1.5million dollars per year for their monitoring activities.

This is gonna get uglier and uglier...

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MsChievous View Post
    Funny, when this first started, Kroll was the "Independent Monitor" and she worked for them. Now she's the Independent Monitor "assisted" by Kroll? Looks like that started about mid 2007. That should have been some type of contract that went through council since Kroll collected more than 1.2 - 1.5million dollars per year for their monitoring activities.

This is gonna get uglier and uglier...
    Kroll has always assisted the Monitor. It's in the text of every single report.

You might want to check out this PDF from the City Board of Police Commissioners from 2003, when this all began. Pages 13 through 21 have the meeting between Ms. Robinson and the Commissioners. A quote from her response:

I will talk about a couple of other things before I talk about a couple of other
    things, before I talk about our first steps of how we think we should proceed if we
    are formally appointed. With communications, if we are formally appointed, one
    of the first things that we will do is meet with city officials, the Mayor, the
    Corporation Counsel, City Council, the Chief of Police, the command units, the
    Board of Police Commissioners, the Compliance Coordinator [[which has been
    designated by the Chief), Internal Affairs, the Office of the Chief Investigator, the
    Inspections Unit and etc. We will be having those meetings because we need to
    familiarize ourselves with the culture of the Detroit Police Department [[DPD) and
    with the database systems and the organizational structure of the Department.
    We will be doing all of that as soon as we are formally announced.

Last edited by Stosh; July-26-09 at 12:53 PM.

Stosh,

I was the 'compliance coordinator'

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MsChievous View Post
    Stosh,

I was the 'compliance coordinator'
    Wow.

I suppose that the difference in the wording and credits of the various quarterly reports more accurately reflects on her status with Kroll. Before, Kroll was a primary. After, Kroll became a secondary, assisting the monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Anyone interested in reading the actual reports generated by Ms. Wood can go here:

http://www.kroll.com/about/library/detroit/
    Thanks for the link Stosh.