Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    GUSHI Guest

today My job let me meet a elderly African American couple they lived in Southfield, me and the old man started talking. He said he use to live on the west side a few mile south of were his home is now in Southfield. he said he was a detroit cop and a diesel mechanic, we talked about 15 to 20 minutes. I told him my next appointment was on the east side between mound and Ryan. He said he refuse to go to the city anymore to many Crazy mofu. he said his house was paid for in Detroit but it got to bad couldn't take it anymore, so he let it to. he also told me be careful the eastside worst then the westside. "Watch out for those crazy hood rats"

GUSHI Guest

houses end up abandoned because people can't take it anymore. I took Davidson to Ryan, Ryan up to Nevada. Nevada to my appointment, looked like a war zone, you go south a few miles to Hamtramck it looks like day and night.

jimmyr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Because they had the biggest boom [[and bubble). Now they are slowly digging out. The Detroit bubble was mostly an unending tale of mortgage fraud, liar loans, and bait and switch mortgage generation. Real value was close to zero.
    Dan Gilbert got rich off those types of schemes, yet he's the town's savior in 2014. Pretty odd how he gets a pass...

Didn't read thread. Old houses cost a lot to simply maintain. If you want to keep them modern and have new appliances and carpet thats not shit or floors that arent beat and walls that aren't a mess, old everything. Faucets that dont leak and windows that keep the warm in and the cold out in the winter.... Well. That costs a lot more.
    Say you own a decent little house in the city but it needs a roof and has other necessary maintenance AND the neighborhood is going to shit or already there do you stay and fix it up knowing you will never be able to sell it for much or do you sell as is and go somewhere where you wont have to buy a roof? Thats what plenty of city residents did. The new occupant either rents the place out and doesn't really keep it up or cant really afford maintenance on an old house. Pretty soon there are tarps on the roof, the paint is peeling off the porch is messed up. The ceilings are collapsing in spots.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3