I can't even begin to understand A) How he thinks he can win, and B) How anyone could even sign a petition to get him on the ballot again. The very best case scenario for his tenure is that he was so managerially inept that hundreds of millions of dollars were misspent, often lining the pockets of friends, political supporters and favored businesses. The worst case scenario, and the one that I would bet my testicles is true, is that he is the leader of an actual organized conspiracy to swindle money from the taxpayers.

Favored staff got sweetheart contracts [[Turkia, of course, but also his staffer that gets the $96k pension for life- he's in his early forties- for several years service); he should have been watching the jail project so that we didn't spend almost $200M to NOT build a jail; various friends and family of his and his cronies continue to receive contracts or are involved in lucrative property transactions with the county. He is an embarrassment and likely a future resident of a state or federal prison.

The good news for Republicans is that because there is a crowded primary field for the Democrats, it's possible that the winner could need only 20 or 25% of the vote. If that turns out to be Ficano, the shameless destroyer that he is, wins the primary, the GOP candidate will have a real chance for the first time in ages.

I am curious how other Democrats will treat Ficano. Will Mark Schauer want to campaign with him? Will Duggan or Gary Peters make an endorsement in the primary? Will they support Ficano if he wins the primary? Major ethics vs politics question for Democrats to deal with.