Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

That Great Guy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cramerro View Post
    TGG, your first claim is blatantly false. The property tax millage in each of the three counties is very short term... 4 years each time [[Ann Arbor, on the other hand, has a perpetual millage and are going for an increase on top of that this spring). This means that EVERY time SMART's millage comes up for a vote, at any amount, a NO vote means SMART will benefit from 0.0 Mill from each county that votes NO until the issue can be placed on the ballot again. You're entitled to your opinion, but please no lies.
    You're entitled to your opinion too. So, go ahead and believe that your YES vote will improve public bus service.

You might want to read in writing what you are voting on. If federal, state and fare box money is not in writing then it is not there. Also beware of more bus service reductions or more tax increases with less service because those could come also, if not in writing at the voting booth.
    Last edited by That Great Guy; April-01-14 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by That Great Guy View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion too. So, go ahead and believe that your YES vote will improve public bus service.

You might want to read in writing what you are voting on. If federal, state and fare box money is not in writing then it is not there. Also beware of more bus service reductions or more tax increases with less service because those could come also, if not in writing at the voting booth.
    You know exactly what I meant. I didn't give any opinion. Facts only. FACT: a NO vote in any county on this ballot means that county will not have SMART service any more. Period. OPINION: That's a pretty important detail, and what you said would lead people to believe otherwise. If people want to consciously decide to not fund SMART in their county, that is their decision. But we certainly don't need people like you tricking and confusing people into making an uneducated choice. Read in writing what I'm voting on? How about know the facts and don't be bullied into voting NO because some cheap ass who doesn't even use transit wants to save $50 a year in taxes. FACT: Wayne County residents pay a 0.94 millage toward the Wayne County Jail. OPINION: I'm sure you're not stupid enough to live in Wayne County, but if you are, why aren't you complaining about that? You're OK paying more the house criminals than get people to jobs... nice.

right on cramerro, agree with you, i been riding SMARTfor 25 yrs from Warren to Downtown cant drive, my bus is palked with workers that work dowtrown and at night its standing room only, since buses only rundown town to six wish they could go back and forth all day, i rather pay a tax foer buses than a stupid jail, where prisioners have cable ,interent and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by That Great Guy View Post

How can facts be opinions? TGG, you're not being honest.

Here are some facts:
    - The Detroit area is not anywhere near close to per capita spending on public transportation than any comparably sized city.http://www.mlui.org/mlui/news-views/...3#.Uz1hWvldXTo

- You get what you pay for.

- How can we get more money to spend on transit? We need to increase the tax.

- If MDOT was siphoning all of the transit dollars for road projects as you have claimed in several postings, do you really think the roads would be in as bad of shape as they are now? MDOT has a key role to play in providing transit to Michigan's Citizens and works as the intermediate step between local transit providers and the feds. Why would they purposefully be working to kill off a service that is needed to keep the economy rolling?
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; April-03-14 at 08:31 AM.

That Great Guy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    How can facts be opinions? TGG, you're not being honest.

Here are some facts:
    - The Detroit area is not anywhere near close to per capita spending on public transportation than any comparably sized city.http://www.mlui.org/mlui/news-views/...3#.Uz1hWvldXTo

- You get what you pay for.

- How can we get more money to spend on transit? We need to increase the tax.

- If MDOT was siphoning all of the transit dollars for road projects as you have claimed in several postings, do you really think the roads would be in as bad of shape as they are now? MDOT has a key role to play in providing transit to Michigan's Citizens and works as the intermediate step between local transit providers and the feds. Why would they purposefully be working to kill off a service that is needed to keep the economy rolling?
    The facts show a campaign to defeat the SMART Property Tax renewal is the best solution to improve public bus service for everyone.

Mr. John Hertel, SMART, SEMCOG and the TRU are presently lacking the understanding that industry is not going pay decent wages and benefits out of the kindness of their big hearts. There are facts to back this up. For example, workers who want $15 per hour, which is not a luxury wage for 2014. How are people who make $9.50 per hour going to pay a 1.8 mil SMART tax for others but don't have bus service? You tell me.

Google save the fuel tax org

We need to increase the tax is your opinion and the majority, thus we will all likely pay more. Hopefully, we will get better roads and better public bus service for our limited transportation tax dollars which comes from mostly hard working honest taxpayers.

In my opinion, Detroit deserves safe, honest and fare public bus systems.
    Last edited by That Great Guy; April-04-14 at 06:59 PM.