Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    Loosen up Tea thyme... that Caddy ad is bad ass, the comment about the Moon and leaving because we got bored and the car still up there with the keys in it, pure comic rhythm... I could care less about the frickin car
    I disliked the smugness of the ad but, pigginess and morality aside, I agree: it is a great short production that lands punch after punch.

I would be curious as to the ROI of the ad. It has gone viral so there is a lot of chatter around their product if not about the product. Will it sell more Cadillacs or will people think, "Ick. I don't want to be associated with that great American a**hole."

Would you be more or less inclined to buy a new Cadillac after seeing that - assuming that you aren't one of those take-August-off-for-vacation losers who can't afford it or work for that guy at minimum wage?

Me. Less.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Would you be more or less inclined to buy a new Cadillac after seeing that - assuming that you aren't one of those take-August-off-for-vacation losers who can't afford it or work for that guy at minimum wage?
    They've been trying to position their cars against BMW, maybe they are trying to position their customers as BMW-level DBs as well

FreeP article with some details on the ad.

Highlight: The star of the Ford ad isn't playing a character. She's Pashon Murray, founder of Detroit Dirt.

Pashon's getting alot of hits apparently... her site has exceeded its bandwidth. I'll try back later... looks like she is in YOBs for those grocery store scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by gvidas View Post
    FreeP article with some details on the ad.

Highlight: The star of the Ford ad isn't playing a character. She's Pashon Murray, founder of Detroit Dirt.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-29-14 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    She's getting alot of hit apparently... her site has exceeded its bandwidth. I'll try back later... looks like she is in YOBs for those grocery store scenes?
    Another excellent choice by Team Detroit.

Yeah, I went on a tour to TD a couple of years ago. They are engaged in quite alot of innovative stuff there!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I disliked the smugness of the ad but, pigginess and morality aside, I agree: it is a great short production that lands punch after punch.
    I just saw the ad for the first time. To me it feels more like parody