Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Király View Post
    That's not so good for people who rent a car in Windsor and drive over to Belle Isle, as I did in 2011. I would have paid the $8.55 day pass fee but not a $30 annual fee for a single visit.
    Don't trust all that's posted on Dyes... Here's a link for accurate info

This one shows a non-Michigan daily rate of $8.55

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7...024---,00.html

Can I purchase a daily Recreation Passport?

Daily passes are not available to Michigan-registered vehicle owners. Daily passes are available for owners of non-Michigan registered vehicles. You can purchase a non-resident daily pass at a state park or recreation area for $8.55 or online at www.michigan.gov/estore.

What do people do who visit the park in MI-plated rented cars, when the recreation passport is tied to the vehicle registration itself, with window stickers and license plate decals et al?

What do people do who visit the park in MI-plated rented cars, when the recreation passport is tied to the vehicle registration itself, with window stickers and license plate decals et al?
    check the private message that I sent you, it has a second link with a phone number

I was wondering about that also. There is a chance that I'll be back in the area this summer, and have a rental car and want to see the new and improved Belle Isle.

Not that I plan on getting a rental car, but I'm also curious about how that works. My understanding is that the state doesn't care what state you are from. All that they care about is what state the car you are driving is registered in.

If you rent a car in Michigan would it have Michigan plates? If so then a annual park pass would only be $11. The rental company may have even already paid for the passport, though unlikely. If the expiration sticker on the plate has the little P on it then they did.
    Name:  Tab-P.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  1.7 KB
    And, for Belle Isle State Park, if your rental car has a 2013 sticker on it you don't need the P. Only 2014 stickers will need to have the P. Can you even buy a passport if the vehicle isn't registered in your name?

If your rental car has plates from out of state then you would need the "Non-Resident" passport sticker. Or a day pass.
    Name:  2014Non-Res.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  8.7 KB
    Non-Resident means that the vehicle is registered out of state. Why do they then call it a "Non-Resident" passport" sticker? This just leads to confusion. It should say "Non-Michigan Registered Vehicle".
    Last edited by Gorath; April-03-14 at 05:33 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4