Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default St. Irony's Day Parade

I know going public with my skipping this year's St. Patrick's Day Parade will put my 50% claim of Irish ancestry at risk...but last night I heard that the police were rather aggressive with the open alcohol prohibition this year. One of my cousins was in charge of the parade security, and he was reportedly exhausted running around trying to insure nobody in the parade was ticketed.

How Irish is our new mayor?!

Name like Duggan, I'd expect some understanding of this very American traditional celebration. Seems shutting down a street to vehicular traffic isn't enough to notify everyone that this is a special day.

Officers of the law should be handling those causing trouble, if disturbances happen and the offenders have open containers...ticket them for it too along with whatever they did to get attention. But for regular folks out having a bit of fun looking for Spring after one of the toughest Winters in almost a hundred years?

Seems pretty heavy-handed to me.

Minus a bunch of points for the new Chief...unless he can say he got orders straight from Duggan or the dictatOrr. Curious where this newfound zeal comes from.

Anyone have troubles last weekend, besides the weather?!

Thought something was up when they let Charlie off the hook a week or so ago from last year's famous infraction...
    Last edited by Gannon; March-22-14 at 09:40 PM.