Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Lost Fisher Mansion, anyone recogonize it?

I'm doing a sizable research project on the World of Architectural Antiques, a former architectural museum & store in Troy, MI built by Joseph A Bianco in 1985. The American Polish Cultural Center purchased the building in 1989 with many architectural pieces from former mansions & hotels still remaining.

I was told by the builders son [[AJ Damman Co) that the exterior stone is from "one of the Fisher houses." So far I think I can rule out the Boston-Edison district houses & also the Palmer Park houses. From the old photos of the Grayhaven Fisher houses I found I don't see any stone work.

Attached is a picture of the stone on the building. Anyone know of a Fisher house that had such work? My main suspect now is maybe a Grosse Ile home, though I haven't found any photos yet [[and yes, those limestone inserts in the stone are from the Rose Terrace, Grosse Pointe!)Name:  IMG_0567.jpg
Views: 4536
Size:  52.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images