Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    Can anyone show me where it says move into city of Detroit?
    kevyn orr and puppeteer snyder's plan for the city of detroit is to get a larger tax base. so naturally, adding people into the city of detroit would be how to do that.

bloomfield, southfield, warren, redford, livonia, taylor... these places do not have space for 50,000 people.

this plan is like a guy trying to catch a unicorn with a butterfly net. a total distraction from the actual problems we have now, completely unrealistic. to throw this out as an actual idea makes me question snyders' mental competency.

hes wasting his time on this crap, we're not going to get any bridge built. maroun won. at least the roads got fixed under granholm.

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    kevyn orr and puppeteer snyder's plan for the city of detroit is to get a larger tax base. so naturally, adding people into the city of detroit would be how to do that.

A verbal plan or newspaper article makes it so? Again, show me the requirement...

bloomfield, southfield, warren, redford, livonia, taylor... these places do not have space for 50,000 people.

8336 people to only each of the 6 cities listed = maybe not room for 50,000 people, add another 10 cities to the list and it gets even more likely that if they were to come they'll spread out all over Metro-Detroit.
    Question - are there 50,000 move in ready homes in Detroit? [[meaning needing very little repair or rehab) Any realtors on the board here? I'd like to hear some facts on the housing stock, not just opinions...
    Last edited by Vic01; March-14-14 at 03:07 AM.