Quote Originally Posted by kuuma View Post
I was trying to reply to your DM, but i don't think the site was working right so i'll just post here. I still live here, still happy with my purchase here. The campus is not without ongoing improvement needs but the board is super committed and everything is moving in the right direction.

we brought on the property management company that rehabbed the guardian building recently, and since then we've developed a really solid plan for structural improvements to catch up on deferred maintenance from previous regimes, and working out the schedule for that work in transparent community meetings. we're getting a new AC system right now [[though it's tough for it to be down this week!). the campus is close to full occupancy for the first time in decades, and there's been a young, mixed demographic constituency moving in want to see this place come back to hit its potential. on the cosmetic side, there's a newly formed committee working on the garden design to catch it up with other communities nearby like Chateaufort and Hyde Park. you can see some work being done on the Orleans St. side this week.

IMO its a solid time to buy in here – between the major projects in the vicinity and the improvements we're working through I think the bi level garden units and tower units alike stand to appreciate a lot in the next 10 years. you also won't find attached underground garage units that open into your unit in any other comparable condo building in town – some unique perks and big square footage make a legit bargain this close to downtown. the drawback is currently high HoA's but from my perspective they have been going to responsible use. lmk if you have any more questions

Hello! Someone else linked me to this thread because I was curious about these condos as well, I hope you don't mind answering a question or two. Does the HoA cover property taxes and electric? Some listings on Redfin didn't suggest either of those were paid for by the HoA, only gas/maintenance/snow removal. Also, what's the community like? I know you suggested there seems to be a diverse mix of people, does that apply to age ranges as well? And are there any plans regarding landscaping to make it more climate resilient? e.g. more native plants rather than mostly monoculture lawn like I tend to see in a lot of the Lafayette Park area, perhaps solar panel installations, especially given that seems like it could save the community money in the long run.