Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

OMG that was hard to watch. I'm so embarrassed for her.
    Which is more embarrassing; Martha Rose Reeves or the voters that will re-elect her?

She's been out there for a long enough time for anyone who is paying attention to know what a nutball she is. One train wreck appearance on a Sunday morning gabfest isn't going to damage her.

I recall an instance when Reeves was running for office in which she said that she wanted to be your next County Commissioner and someone pulled her aside and explained that she was running for Council, not the Commission. I just can't remember the date or location of this, but it happened.

That's pretty bad.

Not bad for the former Motown Superstar. My dad met her when she was a breif young secretary for Motown Records. If she wins the election, She'll be " Dancin' in the Streets" in on time.

Attachment 2507

As seen Aroundtown, the newest veteran will anchor the Defensive Line.

That was great LMAO, but really hope she isn't part of the team the lions would be sure to go 0-16 again

Buy American Guest

She was on Flashpoint yesterday and I was disgusted with her "performance". Why is it that when all of these so-called politicians in Detroit have their backs up against a wall they use the God card? Devon Scilian was trying to get straight answers from her and she interrupted him every chance she got. She said she was doing what God said she should do. I guess God forgot to tell her to pay her back taxes to the tune [[pardon the pun) of $200,000.00!!! She implicated that "most" people have tax problems.....lady you are so wrong and out of touch it isn't funny. If Detroiters vote her back into office then Detroit gets what it deserves.

But does the region get what it deserves? Do you think that the effects of incompetents holding office stops at Eight Mile Road?

AMEN!! [[ no pun intended )

The flashpoint interviewer, Devin Scillian, only did a fair job of interviewing Martha Reeves. He could have nailed her to the wall, in a nice way so she wouldn't even have noticed.

She justified some of her bad behavior by saying it was what all the other council members were doing.

She said all publicity was good publicity. She said the bad publicity of other council members was drawing business to Detroit like a magnet.

She said all graphics on the internet are public domain.

Devin got her to touch on these points, but never quite nailed her with them by asking the right follow up question.

But interviewing someone who in a sweet way says God directs them every day when they wake up can be very hard. I certainly could not have done it.

It is obvious to me she is not evil, or bad intentioned, but she is completely out of her league. She does not have the knowledge to be on the city council.

This is also underlined by the numerous errors on her campaign literature, both in spelling and copyright. And her web site. "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur". It still contains the fake Latin that designers use to fill out a website before there is content. And the best video she can put on it is one of her singing a hit song 50 years ago. Nothing more current than that? Nothing ... relevant?

Attacking her musical legacy is dumb. Her lack of council qualifications does not diminish the energy and vocal punch she put to her Motown recordings 50 years ago. Her vocal style was very original and just darn good.

But today, she cannot even spell "The Vandellas" right. It is not because of old age, it's just because she never could.

Watching Devin during that interview was like watching a nephew talking to his crazy aunt.

MIRepublic Guest

She's not getting re-elected, and I feel very comfortable saying it, and don't quite get why we're dwelling on folks who aren't going to win re-election? Hell, Martha may not even make the cut, let alone being re-elected.

After hearing about this story on my other trusted source for news. I had to hear the interview for myself.Watched about a 1/4 of it. I said to myself " If she ends up back in,I would laugh it off". Hell once the kid is outta school I should move to Detroit and run for council.. Seems like anyone can.

Devin's style is to let the guest show themselves. I've seen it over and over again - if you get into playing prosecutor, you come off as more biased or with agenda. I like his style.

Comments like "I'm giving the flyer away, it's free" are just priceless. He doesn't NEED to do anything - he gives them enough room to make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    The flashpoint interviewer, Devin Scillian, only did a fair job of interviewing Martha Reeves. He could have nailed her to the wall, in a nice way so she wouldn't even have noticed.

She justified some of her bad behavior by saying it was what all the other council members were doing.

She said all publicity was good publicity. She said the bad publicity of other council members was drawing business to Detroit like a magnet.

She said all graphics on the internet are public domain.

Devin got her to touch on these points, but never quite nailed her with them by asking the right follow up question.

But interviewing someone who in a sweet way says God directs them every day when they wake up can be very hard. I certainly could not have done it.

It is obvious to me she is not evil, or bad intentioned, but she is completely out of her league. She does not have the knowledge to be on the city council.

This is also underlined by the numerous errors on her campaign literature, both in spelling and copyright. And her web site. "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur". It still contains the fake Latin that designers use to fill out a website before there is content. And the best video she can put on it is one of her singing a hit song 50 years ago. Nothing more current than that? Nothing ... relevant?

Attacking her musical legacy is dumb. Her lack of council qualifications does not diminish the energy and vocal punch she put to her Motown recordings 50 years ago. Her vocal style was very original and just darn good.

But today, she cannot even spell "The Vandellas" right. It is not because of old age, it's just because she never could.
    In defense of Devin, if you back people up against the wall like he easily could have, he would never get people to come on his show. They would all go on Chuck Stokes show were he doesn't nail people to the wall. Devin asks the questions and let Martha rant on and anyone with sense could see she's crazy as a bedbug, totally unqualified for the position she has, and I'll bet you she won't even make the cut.

Mission accomplished !!

BREAKING NEWS!!

Larry, Moe, & Curly have just held a news conference to announce they are now in the running for Detroit City Council. When asked why the late entry, they replied that they were actually the Vendellas and that they awoke to God standing in their kitchen telling them to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by trumpeteer View Post
    breaking news!!

Larry, moe, & curly have just held a news conference to announce they are now in the running for detroit city council. When asked why the late entry, they replied that they were actually the vendellas and that they awoke to god standing in their kitchen telling them to do this.
    rotflmfao !!!!!

firstandten wrote:
    >>In defense of Devin, if you back people up against the wall like he easily could have, he would never get people to come on his show.

digitalvision wrote:
    >>Devin's style is to let the guest show themselves. I've seen it over and over again - if you get into playing prosecutor, you come off as more biased or with agenda. I like his style.

You both certainly have valid points.

I imagine she came away from the inverview thinking that she did a great job. Also I imagine a lot of folks watching it will also think she did a great job.

You see in the interview what your perspective allows you to see.

After watching the clip of her singing on page 1 of her campaign web page, after watching it a few more times, I ... may .... vote ... for ... her.

Wait a minute! I just snapped out of it. I don't live in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine1958 View Post
    rotflmfao !!!!!
    OMG I also ROTFLMFAO except I am at work and the people around me think I am crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpeteer View Post
    BREAKING NEWS!!

Larry, Moe, & Curly have just held a news conference to announce they are now in the running for Detroit City Council. When asked why the late entry, they replied that they were actually the Vendellas and that they awoke to God standing in their kitchen telling them to do this.
    Oh whoops my reply went on the wrong one, so I agree I also rotflmfao, while at work

She has a campaign website? What is it?

I'm back baby! [[on the board)

and the site is marthrosereeves.com - rufkm?

I've left some messages about their poor grasp of the English language.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsjdaniels View Post
    I'm back baby! [[on the board)

and the site is marthrosereeves.com - rufkm?

I've left some messages about their poor grasp of the English language.
    Come on, with a platform like this how could you not support her for re-election?

Quote Originally Posted by Martha Rose Reeves
    In 2005, Reeves ran for and won a seat on the Detroit City Council. Reeves said she was running for the “youths of the city” and for adequate policing of the neighborhoods. One of her ideas to boost Detroit’s economy was a series of downtown statues of such Motown figures as Stevie Wonder and Smokey Robinson. She was instrumental in getting West Grand Boulevard changed to “Berry Gordy Jr.Boulevard” in 2007. Reeves is a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
    Reeves is a board member of AFTRA Detroit chapter. In 2007, she testified before Congress on behalf of musicians, session singers and recording artists for better wages and royalties. She was honored for her hard work and courage in 2007 by delegates and members of AFTRA.

I, for one, am THRILLED to know that she is promoting Detroit's musical heritage. Because we don't have more pressing/important issues facing the city at the moment *sigh*.

rvtwitty Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit500 View Post
    She has a campaign website? What is it?
    I think it is martharosereeves.com . Yesterday it was in Latin I kid you not. Some goof that started the site did not do it right. But somebody did a great Photoshop on her face for the ad. They got the wrinkles out and she is not sucking on lemons Praise the Lord ! .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast