Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    The only problem with that idea is that I bet a fair share of the retirees don't use the computer.
    That's right, all people over 25 are too stupid or senile to use one....... Anyone know how to turn the crank on this "phone" thing?????

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    That's right, all people over 25 are too stupid or senile to use one.......
    I didn't say that at all.

But back to what I did say, what other reason do you think it would be required by law [[assuming it is) that the pension reports are printed and mailed out?

I didn't say that at all.

But back to what I did say, what other reason do you think it would be required by law [[assuming it is) that the pension reports are printed and mailed out?
    Dunno about pensions, but publicly traded corporations are required to send out hard copy annual reports unless the stockholder requests them in electronic form. I believe they have to be sent out within 90 days of the close of the corporation's fiscal year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Dunno about pensions, but publicly traded corporations are required to send out hard copy annual reports unless the stockholder requests them in electronic form. I believe they have to be sent out within 90 days of the close of the corporation's fiscal year.
    As of 2007, the SEC only requires companies to send out a notice [[because naturally it decreases printing costs and appeases the environmentalists). In that notice, they're informed that the reports have been posted online, but there are instructions in the notice to request their own personal hard copy.

Now perhaps that's something the COD pensions funds can consider doing going forward, but still keep in mind we're talking about an organization associated with the completely dysfunctional entity that was still processing payroll by paper as recently as 2012.

Either way, I'm not sure why people took offense to what I said before. In the past, sending out hard copy reports was a requirement outright because 20 years ago, there was [[more or less) no way to access this information electronically. Now, although it's far easier to access the data electronically, there are still many folks [[for whatever reason) who don't use the computer or whatever and should still receive hard copies.

Why would a functional entity voluntarily spend the money to send everyone hard copy reports when there are [[especially now) much cheaper method?
    Last edited by 313WX; March-06-14 at 01:23 AM.

Why would a functional entity voluntarily spend the money to send everyone hard copy reports when there are [[especially now) much cheaper method?
    The pension fund is a big honey pot which from the perspective of the administrators is bottomless and ever-filling. It won't run dry in their term of service and their graft is just a drop in the bucket.

Why would a floundering entity send representitives to a Hawiian conference @ $25k a head? My apologies to 313WX. YES, There are still some people left that won't take the time to learn to use or buy a PC, and should receive statements by snail-mail. That doesn't mean, though, the statements need to be color, glossy, photo-books, @ $15 a pop, nor should they be sent to everyone concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Why would a floundering entity send representitives to a Hawiian conference @ $25k a head?
    Because the floundering entity is dysfunctional and poorly managed?

Because the floundering entity is dysfunctional and poorly managed?
    Absolutely. People are still having a hard time coming to grips with the fact the party's over. They still think it's 1959.