Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: motorcity wine

Hybrid View

LOL @ gistok; uniroyal dupape...that's a good one.

professor; you need to make it up to the leelanau peninsula more; michigan wines are making leaps and bounds in quality and winning multiple awards. michigan is now know as a premier region for piesporters, gewurstemieners [[sp?), and other sweeter whites [[beating out long time winner Germany multiple times in international competitions). some of their dryer whites have now started competing with californian wines on the national and international scale. the reds have finally started placing within the past few years, specifically the baco and pino noirs. methinks perhaps you haven't been sampling the right michigan wines?

Oh...like medical placebos...the taste of wine is affected greatly by expectations.

Wine snobs are amusing...although some really DO have golden tastebuds, most are pretending. I would like to do a double-blind test for taste, and will suggest this to our new stewards at Motorcity Wine!

Then we'll see...

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Oh...like medical placebos...the taste of wine is affected greatly by expectations.

Wine snobs are amusing...although some really DO have golden tastebuds, most are pretending. I would like to do a double-blind test for taste, and will suggest this to our new stewards at Motorcity Wine!

Then we'll see...
    betterhalf isn't a connoisseur, but he knows what he likes. One of his faves is a Chateau Neuf du Pape. We both like a certain Amarone. I like the Pelee Island Semi-Sweet Merlot and Grand Traverse Late Harvest Riesling. Of course, if MCW comes up with anything close to it, I'm in. Not so sure about betterhalf. I'm willing to bet bucks he would win a taste test.