Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I shop at Glory Supermarket on Outer Drive and the Southfield Service Drive.

What's so evil about Walmart Supercenters?

I shop all over the place. My main stores are Honeybee & University Foods, plus Eastern Market. But I am vegan so there are certain things I can't get at those places so I also shop at Kroger in Dearborn [[they have a great selection of healthy/vegan friendly food lately), Sprout House, Holiday Market in Royal Oak, Western Market & Natural Food Patch in Ferndale.

Nothing beats Honeybee! They are willing to carry things you request and their produce and selection are wonderful for such a small store. I buy as much as I can from them.

Honey Bee, Eastern Market, Trader Joe's and Holiday when I am forced to go up north to Royal Oak for tai chi classes on Thursdays, I also like Meijer's I think it's Lincoln Park, when I am forced to travel out west for my printer.

I am SO glad that I-75 project is done...the Lincoln Park Meijer is my absolute favorite. I hate their new, HUGE stores where you cannot seem to find anything...even the one 1/2 mile from my father's house. [[perhaps especially, because it is the most convenient for me yet inadequate compared to their old store down on Dix!)

Plus, they seem to always have organic lemons in stock, and the best bananas in town...and Grovestand on sale 2-for-$5 too often for coincidence. [[and their bottle/can return is liberal...)

Cheers!

How about those organic candy bars at Meijer's?

When we go over the bridge Honey Bee is the first place we stop. I fill up the cart with anything in the line of Mexican we need - as well as any spices. I like their spices because the bags are dated - you know you're getting the freshest possible. Their fruit is out of this world. The peaches and nectarines taste just picked. Those usually don't make it back across the border - cause we eat them right away!! LOL

I do shop at Kroger and Aldi. We like the Aldi brand of cheese ravioli found in the frozen section.

During the harvest season we buy from our local fruit and vegetable stands around the house. Nothing like just picked corn on the cob. Hubby will go to the farmer's stand while I start the pot of water to boil. He comes home and shucks it - I wash them off and drop 'em in the pot - you've not eaten such tasty corn - most of the time doesn't even need butter!

?Are you drooling???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2