Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The last time I visited a scrap yard I had to show my drivers license and leave a thumb print in one of them scanners. I dumped off four aluminum wheels off of an old truck I owned.

This isn't required around the D?

in other news
    taggers rejoice

There was a report on NPR today about how Canadian cities are putting an alloy in the copper that is really hard to remove and a plastic that doesn't burn off that makes it worthless to scrappers and has stopped them as soon as they see the new wire Detroit should use the same copper wire

Ridiculous that law regarding this cannot be passed. I mean really who is the vote for the legitimate folks or crooks. Pawn shops take fingerprints.. if you're not selling illegially what's the issue? How much money has been wasted in this city because of this is ridiculous beyond words.

Google anti theft copper wire there are many types of copper wire that are worthless to scrapper why is the city not using this ?

http://www.nexans.com/eservice/Corpo...ions_at_I.html

http://fushicopperweld.com/en/about/...ain-sight.html

Here is a company in Tennessee that makes anti theft copper wire and from what I understand they also make wire has a coating that doesnt want to come off even after they try to burn it off in a fire
    http://news.thomasnet.com/companysto...n-Sight-840526

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    Ridiculous that law regarding this cannot be passed. I mean really who is the vote for the legitimate folks or crooks. Pawn shops take fingerprints.. if you're not selling illegially what's the issue? How much money has been wasted in this city because of this is ridiculous beyond words.
    We had that problem with the state dragging their feet so we petitioned/pressured the city council to act,when they did and a couple of quick stings and the problem came to a halt immediately.Overnight.

No burnt wire,no cat without a title,no a/c without notarized homeowners statement or licensed contractor,no pay in cash check mailed to legal address on ID etc.

Scrap yards are still in business,in your case they support Lansing not the city.

Quote Originally Posted by ddaydetroit View Post
    There was a report on NPR today about how Canadian cities are putting an alloy in the copper that is really hard to remove and a plastic that doesn't burn off that makes it worthless to scrappers and has stopped them as soon as they see the new wire Detroit should use the same copper wire
    Story here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ghts-1.2550645

In reality, cash business offer a fraction of support to government due to rampant fudge in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Király View Post
    Thanks Kiraly I must of picked up a Canadian station in my car it sounded like an NPR station. The city of Surrey got it right Detroit could learn from them

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3