Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Decriminalization would greatly help America and put those drug dealers out of business.

I do agree with others that its great to see DPD on the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm guessing the same way alcoholics stay employed. You do realize alcohol IS the #1 addictive substance, and the #1 killer?
    I would bet that most alcoholics do not generally stay employed for long

[QUOTE=rex;423916]yea lpg. You realize most everyone that wants to do drugs is already doing them right? What you wrote may well be the dumbest thing i read or heard all day. "

THIS is ridiculous and if this is a defense of legalizing drugs it makes the discussion laughable. Does this poster realize that there are children coming up who aren't already doing drugs? And children yet unborn who haven't yet ruined their lives with addiction?

Thre is an axiom that runs: That which the law allows is eventually encouraged.
    Just when thete is a gathering approbation against drunkenness, let's make drugged states legal. Way to create a better society!

I favor a lot of reforms to our drug laws, but I don't think the current dealers & cartels will either go away quietly or convert into legit entrepreneurs. Just like legalizing prostitution will not create a new class of budding small businesswomen. Shady, violent criminals will fight brutally to hold onto their market. Regardless of legalization, we will need to fight and jail the dealers, gangs and kingpins; or they will kill, burn down the "legal" drug shops, terrorize and intimidate individuals and neighborhoods.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    I favor a lot of reforms to our drug laws, but I don't think the current dealers & cartels will either go away quietly or convert into legit entrepreneurs. Just like legalizing prostitution will not create a new class of budding small businesswomen. Shady, violent criminals will fight brutally to hold onto their market. Regardless of legalization, we will need to fight and jail the dealers, gangs and kingpins; or they will kill, burn down the "legal" drug shops, terrorize and intimidate individuals and neighborhoods.
    I believe you might have a valid point. Some dealer's already threatened James Craig per Detroit News. "New Detroit" might not arise so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    peaceful transition is happening in colorado. people want to buy from a legal source.

peaceful transition happened after alcohol prohibition ended. people wanted legal beer not bathtub gin.

theres a lot of paralells of marijuana prohibition with alcohol prohibition. almost like history repeating itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I would bet that most alcoholics do not generally stay employed for long
    An I'd take that bet.

[QUOTE=SWMAP;423925]
    Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    yea lpg. You realize most everyone that wants to do drugs is already doing them right? What you wrote may well be the dumbest thing i read or heard all day. "

THIS is ridiculous and if this is a defense of legalizing drugs it makes the discussion laughable. Does this poster realize that there are children coming up who aren't already doing drugs? And children yet unborn who haven't yet ruined their lives with addiction?

Thre is an axiom that runs: That which the law allows is eventually encouraged.
    Just when thete is a gathering approbation against drunkenness, let's make drugged states legal. Way to create a better society!
    I guess I have to explain in simpler terms. I totally oppose legalizing drugs of any kind. After losing my cousin to a drunk driver, and being hit by one, I don't want anymore wasted people out there. Getting involved with drugs is a losing proposition. I can't make it any clearer than this.

[QUOTE=lpg;423934]
    Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I guess I have to explain in simpler terms. I totally oppose legalizing drugs of any kind. After losing my cousin to a drunk driver, and being hit by one, I don't want anymore wasted people out there. Getting involved with drugs is a losing proposition. I can't make it any clearer than this.
    then you'd be happy to note that states with medical marijuana have lower fatal car accidents than the surrounding states without medical marijuana. 9% lower even.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/12/0...raffic-deaths/

"Comparing traffic deaths over time in states with and without medical marijuana law changes, the researchers found that fatal car wrecks dropped by 9% in states that legalized medical use — which was largely attributable to a decline in drunk driving."

medical marijuana saves lives? whoda thunk it?

yea lpg. You realize most everyone that wants to do drugs is already doing them right? What you wrote may well be the dumbest thing i read or heard all day. Way to go!!!

These raids remind me a lot of a few years ago when the Lions won every preseason game and lost ever regular season game.
    Looks great in the news tho right?
    ... right.
    You do realize that having drugs legal removes the stigma that illegal drugs carry. That makes it more attractive for new customers to try. Not so dumb unless you like the drug life.

[QUOTE=compn;423937]
    Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post

then you'd be happy to note that states with medical marijuana have lower fatal car accidents than the surrounding states without medical marijuana. 9% lower even.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/12/0...raffic-deaths/

"Comparing traffic deaths over time in states with and without medical marijuana law changes, the researchers found that fatal car wrecks dropped by 9% in states that legalized medical use — which was largely attributable to a decline in drunk driving."

medical marijuana saves lives? whoda thunk it?
    Is that because they only drive 5 mph ?

[QUOTE=lpg;423934]
    Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I can see where you're coming from and can respect your opinion. But there's always going to be a certain percentage of people that are going to take things beyond the limit. Whether it's alcohol, marijuana, prostitution, gambling, McMansions, or double-filled Oreos.

The quotes being attributed to me here are not mine. I wrote this in reply to the poster who defends legalizing drugs by saying that everyone who wants tp dovdrugsvis already doing them anyway so just decriminalize them.
    I said this: THIS is ridiculous and if this is a defense of legalizing drugs it makes the discussion laughable. Does this poster realize that there are children coming up who aren't already doing drugs? And children yet unborn who haven't yet ruined their lives with addiction?

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    You do realize that having drugs legal removes the stigma that illegal drugs carry. That makes it more attractive for new customers to try. Not so dumb unless you like the drug life.
    having alcohol legal removes the stigma that illegal alcohol carries. yes, your argument keeps changing but you avoid the facts. the criminalization of marijuana has not stopped, nor slowed marijuana use.

"Marijuana use continues to rise among U.S. teens, while alcohol use hits historic lows "
    http://ns.umich.edu/new/multimedia/9...-historic-lows

neither one is legal for teens. yet one is used more often than the other, why?
    Last edited by compn; February-22-14 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    having alcohol legal removes the stigma that illegal alcohol carries. yes, your argument keeps changing but you avoid the facts. the criminalization of marijuana has not stopped, nor slowed marijuana use.

"Marijuana use continues to rise among U.S. teens, while alcohol use hits historic lows "
    http://ns.umich.edu/new/multimedia/9...-historic-lows

neither one is legal for teens. yet one is used more often than the other, why?
    I'll ask you a question should we open the floodgates and make everything legal ? As to teens being 420 friendly my guess lack of parental guidance and involvement, giving in to peer pressure, not knowing or caring that drug use will have consequences at some point in their lives. I am old enough to know that people obey laws that they choose to. I was a teen in the 60's so I am familiar with temptations of drug use. I chose not to get started.

To those arguing in favor of the drug dealers/dope houses:

“We got information that a dope dealer basically said ‘We need to take the chief out,’” Craig said. “We investigated it, and it was deemed a credible threat. This is the kind of thing that happens in third-world countries.
    “As a public official, you might get someone with a history of mental illness who’ll say something like that, but this isn’t that kind of situation. We’re taking this seriously, which is why we’ve gotten our federal partners, along with the State Police, involved.”
    Craig believes the man who made the threat is upset because police are costing him money by ramping up the number of drug-house raids they conduct.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2u8gJrnBX

To those that say dope houses don't bring crime and other unwanted trouble to your block are ignorant and have never lived on blocks with dope houses.
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; February-23-14 at 06:25 AM.

Remove.

Why? I should not post so early. I am replying to my own post! LOL
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; February-23-14 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    To those arguing in favor of the drug dealers/dope houses:

“We got information that a dope dealer basically said ‘We need to take the chief out,’” Craig said. “We investigated it, and it was deemed a credible threat. This is the kind of thing that happens in third-world countries.
    “As a public official, you might get someone with a history of mental illness who’ll say something like that, but this isn’t that kind of situation. We’re taking this seriously, which is why we’ve gotten our federal partners, along with the State Police, involved.”
    Craig believes the man who made the threat is upset because police are costing him money by ramping up the number of drug-house raids they conduct.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2u8gJrnBX
    Yeah, just like Kwame was getting death threats. IS DPD still trotting out drugs siezed years ago as recent siezures worth "Millions"? Smoke and mirrors, my friends. Busting weed houses while heroin is being slung out in the open won't do anything about real crime. I don't know of many weed "addicts" that break into houses or rob people on the strees to get their "fix". DPD was given exact address of heroin houses in EEV last December [[5 on my block, thank you very much) and has done nothing. Customers shoot up right in front of the houses and nod off, leaving their cars running all night. Can't wait until the weather warms up, it will be twice as bad.
    Is Craig still posing for the cameras in his bullet-proof vest on these raids? LOL. Well, at least he's not screwing his female subordinates [[yet).

people dont do drugs because its a bad life choice. Not because they are illegal. The exception may be those who get tested at work or at probation.
    Last edited by rex; February-23-14 at 12:06 PM.

people dont do drugs because its a bad life choice. Not because they are illegal. The exception may be those who get tested at work or at probation.
    Then why ? Are you saying it's good choice ? If all the high profile OD deaths due to drug use that have been in the news won't convince someone otherwise, then just take responsibility for what happens to you and don't expect someone else to pick up the pieces. Why should society have to end up bearing the cost of people's bad life choices ?

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Decriminalization would greatly help America and put those drug dealers out of business.

I do agree with others that its great to see DPD on the offense.
    Unfortunately the legalization conversation gets thrown off the rails when people say that you want little johnny and jane to start smoking by default. I'd like to eventually see the currently illegal stuff sold in specialty pharmacies- to whatever degree that most popular pharmacy chains might balk because of "bad publicity" [[walgreens, wal-mart, CVS, Rite Aid, Target, grocery stores, etc.), then maybe this is a means by which the waning independent pharmacy operations can build and maintain a niche. Tax it significantly, also the state and federal govt. can charge special licensing fees like with liquor licenses.

yea lpg simply stated you cant convince me you're right. In fact. If you opinion was a student in a school somewhere it would ride the short bus and be in special ed classes... wear a helmet and eventually be a greeter at walmart.
    Fortunately your ideas are sorta dying out with the older generation. In due time that generation that believed the nonsense you seem to believe will be gone and with it the notion that we should have a drug war.

Django, you seem to be so insistent on your "war on the war on drugs"-- a point on which you & I mostly agree-- that you may be short-sighting what probably is really going on, here: a war on the gangs, via their primary source of revenue.
    I think most folks are clear on the "bust a dope-slanger, and someone else picks up the slacK" premise; it's not that deep.

Rexy, Not trying to convince you of anything, you are too far into the pipe for that. As long as you stay away from myself and my family I don't give a shit what you do to yourself. BTW, learn how to spell and use punctuation. It will make you sound at least semi-literate.

Between the unbelievably inept handling of the quote function, and the incoherent posts from one seemingly half-literate participant, one could easily be persuaded to believe that many here are quite buzzed, themselves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast