Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

I have Comcast and live on the eastside of Detroit. ATT doesn't offer fast enough service over here.

Anyway, Comcast has been reliable enough, as of late. My connection used to go in and out frequently up until about 6 months ago. They're the best of a bad situation.

That said, they're an idiotic company to deal with, as they always have been.

First, they named their internet "XFINITY" to shed the shittiness of the Comcast image, instead of making meaningful changes.

I cancelled my cable a while ago and boy was that an adventure. First, you call somebody in Durka-durkastan who relentlessly offers you everything and the kitchen sink to keep the stupid service you don't want. Hey, assholes, how about you just provide decent pricing up front instead of after I'm pissed off beyond consolation? So I have to call and barter with you to get a reasonable rate for services? What is this, a marketplace in Kandahar or a cable company?

The rebates and packages are endlessly confusing and nonsensical. You get a decent deal for 6 months [[or in some cases, years) until your rates jump astronomically. Of course by then you forget, get jacked up, go to cancel, and they repeat the process.

Not having any of Ms. Whoever's bullshit deals, I cancelled after going back and forth for a half hour. Then they send you through the draconian process of returning their shitty equipment. You have to drive it to some Comcast location, but not any location, and the hours are conveniently mirrored around times when non-crackheads are at work. In my case, the closest place was 30 minutes away, and it was some bizarre Comcast holding cell of some kind in Warren. Whatever.

They're bullshit, but they're essentially a Monopoly, and set to grow even more gigantic, evil, and unresponsive with this recent hostile takeover on the horizon, so you might as well just bend over and take it.

The installation guys have all been pretty helpful, though. They seem like couldn't give a shit less about Comcast bullshit though and just want to hook up your shit so they can go get high in the van and listen to Jefferson Airplane. They'd probably hook you up with free channels or something if you offered them dope, but I haven't tried yet.
    Last edited by poobert; February-19-14 at 06:25 PM.