Got a certified letter two days ago. Our home is owned free and clear, all taxes paid. Letter said we owed $170.93 for 2012 and if we didn't pay by the end of the month our home would go into foreclosure. That was pretty disturbing to say the least.

What actually is funny is we over paid that year and we are owed $1013. I have a letter from the foreclosure attorneys that we are one of the creditors owed. Not holding my breath on that one.

Tried calls etc for explanations and got no where. I'll pay it Monday in person Note: no cash please, [[guess the county doesn't trust employees or acknowledge the jerks they hire can't count or fill out deposit slips) since it seems simpler but am serious pissed at that creepy notice.

I am thinking it might be the trash pickup portion of the bill???? Be nice if my trash was picked up. Happened 3 times since the beginning of December. This past week was a classic example. West side of the street picked up but most of us put our containers on the eastside due to parking issues, NADA.