Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Constitution allegedly makes transit/fixing roads hard. So cut the BS and fix it.

I've repeatedly seen on this board for years that Michigans constitution makes it virtually impossible for cities/regions to adequately fund public transportation, road repair and [[potentially) future issues as taxing marijuana or other red light district related fun if those issues ever find their ways to this state.

I personally can't find exactly where the constitution forbids these funding sources, however if they're keeping Michigan/Detroit from ceasing to be the shitty place it currnetly is I'm all for tearing it down.

Keep in mind I am in no way shape or a lawyer, politician or wealthy man. And with that...
    WHAT

I propose offering the state a chance to amend the constitution to make it easier to easier for communities to ask citizens to help improve themselves. Mainly for transit but also for public safety.

I found the parts of the document that MAY be a problem. If you have any constructive criticism or advice please speak on it.

Article VII Section 16

Article IX Section 3

Article IX Section 8

Article IX Section 9

Article IX Section 10

Article IX Section 26
    Last edited by brizee; February-12-14 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Formatting