Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

too bad that Mr. Cheeks is being thrown under a bus.. I'm still unsold on a player culture that is prone to reject coaches they "don't like", and they still don't win games.. The team needs someone who can enforce discipline and who can stress that diva attitudes keep you out of the W column..
    I'm sure Joe D is personable, and I hope he continues to have a relationship with Detroit youth basketball, but... Maybe his tenure is at an end.
    At this point, if Mr. Gores is serious about "playoffs or die", he needs to be willing to make some trades and [[over)spend to steal some high profile free agents after the playoffs are over. Fan culture here needs to get over the narrative of "we're a blue collar team"-- please-- of millionaires, and the boss is a billionaire. and somehow i doubt that 90% of the in-stadium audience are factory line workers.. not with the ticket costs what they are today.

I'm still unsold on a player culture that is prone to reject coaches they "don't like"

Hyperstyles, that is precisely why I prefer college basketball. You watch a group of guys who play as a team and obey their coach. I hate the NBA parade of prima donnas. The owners [[not saying this is true of Gores yet; its too soon) cave into their highly paid brats rather than rein them in. Chuck Daly would not have tolerated it. Might also be the reason some college coaches [[I'm thinking Tom Izzo) steer clear of the NBA: they want to coach basketball, not navigate bullshit.
    Last edited by MikeyinBrooklyn; February-09-14 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    I'm still unsold on a player culture that is prone to reject coaches they "don't like"

Hyperstyles, that is precisely why I prefer college basketball. You watch a group of guys who play as a team and obey their coach. I hate the NBA parade of prima donnas. The owners [[not saying this is true of Gores yet; its too soon) cave into their highly paid brats rather than rein them in. Chuck Daly would not have tolerated it. Might also be the reason some college coaches [[I'm thinking Tom Izzo) steer clear of the NBA: they want to coach basketball, not navigate bullshit.
    Not all NBA teams are like that, and besides, there are prima donnas in every sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Not all NBA teams are like that, and besides, there are prima donnas in every sport.
    I know, but much more so than in college. When watching NBA action I think it's five separate guys vs. the other side. College ball looks like a team sport. In addition to on-court action, the players on the bench in college are intently following the game, cheering on their team. In the NBA the guys on the bench so often seem detached.

Lastly, I will [[again) state my extreme displeasure with the length of the "shorts" in the NBA. They are almost long pants now. Handsome or ugly, most NBA players have awesome legs. It's a crime to cover them up.

I know, but much more so than in college. When watching NBA action I think it's five separate guys vs. the other side. College ball looks like a team sport. In addition to on-court action, the players on the bench in college are intently following the game, cheering on their team. In the NBA the guys on the bench so often seem detached.

Lastly, I will [[again) state my extreme displeasure with the length of the "shorts" in the NBA. They are almost long pants now. Handsome or ugly, most NBA players have awesome legs. It's a crime to cover them up.
    Who wants to see the "Nuthugging" shorts of the 80"s? I surely don't !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Who wants to see the "Nuthugging" shorts of the 80"s? I surely don't !!
    Halfway down the thigh keeps the nuts totally hidden, while showing off most of the guys gorgeous gams. Approximately the length of soccer shorts. I mean really, what woud straight guys think if they made Anna Kournikova play tennis in long pants? I would be outraged on behalf of the hetero population...

Halfway down the thigh keeps the nuts totally hidden, while showing off most of the guys gorgeous gams. Approximately the length of soccer shorts. I mean really, what woud straight guys think if they made Anna Kournikova play tennis in long pants? I would be outraged on behalf of the hetero population...
    I agree with you about Anna and love watching Serena Williams bounce around in her short skirt, but I don't want to see no man wearing short shorts. You can attribute the long style shorts to the "Fab Five". They started the trend.