Ha, from that same article linked above, check out this winner:

Some miscues have to do with personal behavior.
Walter James Hart Jr., who ran for a council seat in 2005 and now has a nonprofit business training service dogs, spends his time on the campaign trail talking about redemption, something he says he knows about first-hand.
Hart served 81 months in federal prison in the 1990s after being convicted of transporting a 16-year-old girl to Washington, D.C., to "train her" to be a better prostitute. According to the girl's testimony, whenever she gave Hart the money she earned, "I had to bow down to him, kiss his feet, call him 'oh messiah,' tell him, 'I love you oh daddy.'"
He later pleaded guilty to federal racketeering charges for being part of a Detroit-area group that found young women in strip clubs and forcing them into prostitution.
More recently, in 2006, Hart was found guilty in Oakland County court of a felony charge of failure to pay roughly $130,000 in child support. He remains on probation.
"I believe in giving people a second chance," Hart said. "My campaign is about reform. That's what Detroit needs."