Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Not In MI View Post
    Chrysler deserves to rot away. Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to attract young car purchasers by using a washed up 1960s folk singer to promote an Italian owned corporation for a "Made In The USA / Detroit" commercial.

The "washed up 60's folk singer" has continued to write music, sell records, and sell out large arenas all through the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, & 10's.

Just thought I should point that out, since it's apparent that you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    The "washed up 60's folk singer" has continued to write music, sell records, and sell out large arenas all through the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, & 10's.

Just thought I should point that out, since it's apparent that you're not paying attention.
    He did a Christmas album a few years back, [[it's not what you think) with a bunch of friends, that I'd like to get hold of, I think it's really good. He's talented, I just don't think he was the right choice for selling cars. But then again, this IS day 2, and we're still talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Being owned LSB by Fiat,you really got to give them credit for how they portrayed the image and made it clear that it is still an American image as Chrysler's identity will always be Detroit...
    Agreed. I think that most average Joes in the general public outside of SE Michigan and the auto industry aren't even paying attention to the fact that Fiat owns Chrysler & the HQ is now in the Netherlands. If they are, they probably don't care. They will still equate Chrysler with being a Detroit company. I think we that live here, pay more attention to it because of our location and because so many here work in the auto industry. It's just, literally, closer to home.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    "Let Switzerland build your watch" Was that an accidental shot at Shinola?
    I doubt it. I don't think Shinola is even on the radar of the marketing person who wrote the script for this commercial.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2