Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    A family member is a professional hair stylist and the clip-on extensions are shorter segments and are the least used as they come out the fastest and easiest to detect.

From what I can see are the woman had what are known as more blended weave "tracts" being roughly tugged, pulled out and cut.

Weave "tracts" are long sections of hair mounted to a tract that are used cover a broader area than clip-ons. The tracts are usually carefully sewn into the existing hair strands or upon hair that has been braided down to accommodate the weave depth and length per the style desired.

The blending of the persons hair with the weaved is where the care comes in to remove them. Otherwise, the real hair is torn out, sometimes at the root follicle or cut off where it mingles with the weave. Not a good time.

Necessary? Really?
    Interesting - learn something everyday on the internet.

When I see something like this I wonder how many other times this has happened off camera. It's like when a thief gets caught for a crime you can be sure he has done at least 20 more.

One of the best things to happen to justice is that pretty much everyone has a camera now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    While reading on other subjects where the young black population are proportionately more likely to encounter the LEO's out there. I have read where part of the diversion programs and actively sought lessons to be learned endorsed by the parents and interested parties is, Learning how to deal with the police.

To keep up the belligerent in your face challenge of the officers is not in your best interest. It may be hard to do but it is in your best interest to humble yourself and obey during an arrest.

First rule, Keep your mouth shut!
    So, the solution to the problem of police treating minorities in an abusive and dehumanizing manner is for the victims of the abuse to behave better?

That's fucked up, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    The union will be fighting hard to alleviate any consequences for this officer.
    They will be fighting because they are LEGALLY obliged to do so - even for those in the workplace who can now use 'Right' to work to scab out and not pay dues. But I'll bet they only fight enough to make it appear they are doing their jobs. They hate s*** like this. It makes them all look bad and makes unnecessary work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    So, the solution to the problem of police treating minorities in an abusive and dehumanizing manner is for the victims of the abuse to behave better?

That's fucked up, dude.
    Attempting to decipher that post-- the one to which you are referring-- nearly gave me a headache, but I'm pretty sure that I got far enough to be offended by it.
    *ATTENTION NEGROES*
    Last edited by NickCharles; February-02-14 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    I don't know that it differs, except for the part where the women then go to labor camps and are worked to death, or else sent to extermination camps and killed. If the Nazis had stopped with the hair-cutting part, you wouldn't have bothered making the comparison.
    No, not only are you wrong, you're pulling things out of thin air. [[or other places) I'm not dragging labor camps, worked to death, or anything else into this, other posters, including yourself, are. I'm only comparing the hair cutting part. These good ol' boys, bring in a suspect, tie them down, and cut off their hair, [[oh, sorry, I forgot it's ONLY a weave) and people are posting "well that'll learn 'er".

well what was going on with this woman? they arrested her at a cheap hotel off 8 mile. She a prostitute? Drunk or on drugs? They maced her, she was restrained... assuming she wasn't being cooperative. Was she being rough with police? Disrespectful? Did she deserve it?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The Nazi's shaved the heads of Jewish women to make them unattractive, kill their self esteem, and make them submissive. How does this differ?
    Because the Nazis systematically eradicated 6 million people. That's how it's fucking different. Are you fucking insane?

Yeah, the Holocaust is exactly like a police action gone wrong in suburban Detroit. Freaking basement-dweller.

if you play bad you catch bad. Shes probably lucky they cut her hair off. She probably would have been charged with something had they not. I rather take a haircut than go to jail or sit on probation a few years

I hear you. Crazy. And the rub is that it's not just 'minorities' having problems with this kind of abuse. Let someone have 'their' family member so treated and see if their view changes!

I'm not anti-police or policing. But abuse is abuse, and there are enough documented cases, online and on the books of even innocent people abused during police contacts to confirm that there's a problem -- not just upon 'those people'. So watch what you wish for, or ALLOW for others!

Further, this kind of, eh, 'advice' is rarely so 'precisely' applied and prescribed, because such rules of engagement are subject to the world view of the authority in charge! Relative to how they judge the subject to be incarcerated!

There have to be checks and balances.

The 'rules' are subject to CHANGE.... Next the excuse will be 'he or she would NOT speak'........

That's fucked up, dude.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-03-14 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Because the Nazis systematically eradicated 6 million people. That's how it's fucking different. Are you fucking insane?

Yeah, the Holocaust is exactly like a police action gone wrong in suburban Detroit. Freaking basement-dweller.
    Thanx for the history lesson, GI Joe. Buy my father who was in a Nazi concentration camp, already told me all about it. I never compared the Warren Police to "the Holocaust", you did. Perhaps re-reading my posts and a remedial reading/comprehension course would help you? I hear it's free on the GI Bill.

Default The weave prob'ly needed cutting

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    City of Warren is a bad rep like Livonia to mistreat and abuse black folks coming in the out of their all white neighborhoods. I feel sorry for the black lady that she lost the hair to Warren Police. Treated her like some old fashioned Klan lynching. It's seems to me that is open season for 'Negroes' in Warren.
    Sorry, I'm a minority woman and I see some of the nastiest looking weaves that frankly, need cutting off.

Last edited by Zacha341; February-02-14 at 05:00 PM.

Yes, one can argue that, but not at the local police 'Tie-Down & Weave-Cutin'' salon!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    Sorry, I'm a minority woman and I see some of the nastiest looking weaves that frankly, need cutting off.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-02-14 at 05:19 PM.

That's fucked up, dude.
    Yes it is.

It's not only for minorities. With the militarization of the police and their us against them mentality it is in your best interest NOT to piss them off. There is a myriad of resisting charges that can be added.

Piss 'em off later, in the press, on TV and in the courts if you are so inclined.

I'm talking about once, twice youthful transgressors. If your a career criminal then I guess go for it.

Like Lao Tzu say...

Nothing in the world
    is as soft and yielding as water.
    Yet for dissolving the hard and inflexible,
    nothing can surpass it.

The soft overcomes the hard;
    the gentle overcomes the rigid.
    Everyone knows this is true,
    but few can put it into practice.

Therefore the Master remains
    serene in the midst of sorrow.
    Evil cannot enter his heart.

All streams flow to the sea
    because it is lower than they are.
    Humility gives it its power.

If you want to govern the people,
    you must place yourself below them.
    If you want to lead the people,
    you must learn how to follow them.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; February-02-14 at 05:26 PM.

Cool, keep that in mind should the situation come up... Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    if you play bad you catch bad. Shes probably lucky they cut her hair off. She probably would have been charged with something had they not. I rather take a haircut than go to jail or sit on probation a few years
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-02-14 at 05:17 PM.

OK... Point well stated relative specifically to the TAOW perspective/ principals. It has served me well for life strategies in the office and work place. Not sure if it would always work in the police station setting.

The "Art" also speaks to adapting the to enemies ways as needed, yet still keeping ones cool. Push when pulled, pull when pushed, yes, and be ready to apply the ultimate push back to stand for your rights!

It's not only for minorities. With the militarization of the police and their us against them mentality it is in you bet interest NOT to piss them off. There is a myriad of resisting charges that can be added.

Piss 'em off later, in the press, on TV and in the courts if you are so inclined.

I'm talking about once, twice youthful transgressors. If your a career criminal then I guess go for it.

Like Lao Tzu say...

Nothing in the world
    is as soft and yielding as water.
    Yet for dissolving the hard and inflexible,
    nothing can surpass it....

Now no name calling you guys ......!

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post

Thanks for the "coiffure lesson" Zacha341 and Chicago48... Didn't know that!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    No, not only are you wrong, you're pulling things out of thin air. [[or other places) I'm not dragging labor camps, worked to death, or anything else into this, other posters, including yourself, are. I'm only comparing the hair cutting part.
    Well, of course I don't know what is going on inside your head, but if the Nazis had just cut people's hair against their will, most people wouldn't give them any more thought than they do Peter the Great cutting off the beards of the Old Believers, which is to say none. It is their other activities that make them a popular example of very bad behavior, and keep them in the public mind. But perhaps you are the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    Well, of course I don't know what is going on inside your head, but if the Nazis had just cut people's hair against their will, most people wouldn't give them any more thought than they do Peter the Great cutting off the beards of the Old Believers, which is to say none. It is their other activities that make them a popular example of very bad behavior, and keep them in the public mind. But perhaps you are the exception.
    My family lived trough the Holocaust mwilbert. I find it amusing that you're not only explaining it to me, but chastising me for using the hair cutting part as a reference. I only hope one day you get stopped by the Warren Gestapo Police and humiliated publicly. I'll be the first to post not only how much you deserved it, but how lucky you were to be humiliated, and not get charged instead.

This Darrell Dawsey column reads like a response to many of the posts in this thread.
    Nothing that black people do or have ever done can ever justify the racism we endure daily.Black men don't get beaten by the cops or jailed for crimes they didn't commit because their pants hang low. Black youth are not incarcerated at higher rates than whites because they speak slang or listen to hip-hop. Black women don't earn less than white men who do the same job because they have a "bad attitude." Our schools aren't underfunded because a black teen is in a street gang or because he strolls with a limp. L. Brooks Patterson doesn't hate you because you talk loud at the movies.
    Black men were getting lynched when we wore suspenders and suits. Black women were being passed over for jobs when their names were Hattie Mae and Anna, not Shaniqua and Mercedes.
    Be it the slaughter of Emmett Till or Travyon Martin, the railroading of the Scottsboro Boys or the Central Park Five, the mistreatment of black people at the hands of white America has not a single damn thing to do with our behavior.

That's fucked up, dude.
    Its not fucked up. Both parties need to behave -- in most every interaction in life.

Anytime you deal with anyone in the world, you may occasionally find an asshole. The odds are strongly against you finding as asshole, but you should be ready when you do.

In this case, I understand the cop was fired. So let's just assume this cop was wrong. It happens. And yes, you should be prepared in life to deal with people who are wrong. And how you react does matter. That's not blaming you. Its just a fact.

Not sure why the thread title was changed. Seemed pretty accurate the other way.

Sue the city? You betcha'. Make police misconduct too expensive for cities to allow. Punishing the offender after the fact isn't enough. Make the Chiefs aware they failing to change the training and admin practices will become increasingly expensive.

I hope she done learned a lesson from this.
    If we could only hope you would learn a lesson about how tasteless it is to use street talk to make your lily white point.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    If we could only hope you would learn a lesson about how tasteless it is to use street talk to make your lily white point.
    I never said I was tasteful. I can say that I have been in her shoes, twice.

I had the nice policeman leave me black and blue the second time. You could say I had a jailhouse epiphany. I learned my lesson. I humbled my ass out of a conviction.

Lily white? Naw, I be's a born and bred eastside ghetto rat. Graduated Charles F. Kettering HS. Worked the assembly lines at Chrysler. As a youngster my best friend was a black kid named David Kyle. Things changed as we grew older when we got to our teens apparently social issues interfered with our friendship. My favorite orator? Louis Farrakhan.
    At Wayne State I was befriended by an elderly blackman, who I later found out was way out front tossing Molotov's in the forties fighting back against racist oppostion. We spent three years swapping time together till his death. To this day when I see a black face alone in a sea white, I'm the friendly face who says, How ya doing?

Lily white? You don't know me.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; February-04-14 at 04:04 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast