Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Warren Police Forcibly Cuts Off Detroit Woman's Weave

Even more reason for me to make a conscious effort to boycott places in that hillbilly backwater.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014...kes-waves?lite

Disturbing new video showing a Michigan police officer hacking off the hair weave of a young woman arrested in November is stirring controversy on social media.
    In the video, Charda Gregory, 23, of Detroit is tied in a restraining chair by four officers in Warren, Mich., before a female officer rips and cuts at her long braids. Gregory appears to protest and react physically, but the officer doesn’t stop until the entire weave is removed from her head.
    Gregory was arrested for allegedly damaging a motel room and police car in suburban Detroit, but charges against her were dropped, according to NBC affiliate WDIV.
    Police Officer Bernadette Najor, who administered the violent haircut, said she did so because weaves pose a suicide risk, WDIV reported. Najor was suspended and later fired.
    At the time, Warren Police Commissioner Jere Green said Najor clearly violated policy.
    “There’s a real simple thing: it’s called right and wrong. And to me this is something that I won’t tolerate, I don’t think the citizens of Warren will tolerate it,”he said. "We are always in the process of reviewing things that happen and trying to make ourselves better and more responsible to the people we work for."
    Last edited by 313WX; February-01-14 at 07:28 PM.