Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Yes, the vid gives the impression that this was setting forth the status quo hair WEAVE 'processing' procedure, onward. No one seemed concerned about repercussions. Was there an attempt to conceal the video or cover the lens? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The video is shocking. Three grown men, & cops to boot, tie down a 23 year old girl @ least half their size, while a 4th female cop, again twice the size of the 23 year old, cuts off the girl's hair? Didn't the Nazi's do that to Jewish women in the 2nd World War? All 4 of those cops should have been fired, no severance, medical, or bennies . Where the hell are we living? What a disgrace.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-02-14 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    City of Warren is a bad rep like Livonia to mistreat and abuse black folks coming in the out of their all white neighborhoods. I feel sorry for the black lady that she lost the hair to Warren Police. Treated her like some old fashioned Klan lynching. It's seems to me that is open season for 'Negroes' in Warren.
    That reminds me of a quote from years ago. Try as I might I can't come up with it on the web. I believe it came from Julian Bond during his days in Georgia politics. It went something like this...

Julian would rather deal with Lester Maddox than Jimmy Carter. Because at least he knew where Lester Maddox stood on things.

First off: The hair vs "WEAVE" demarcation is not a clear as some may think. It is an assumption that every woman wearing a weave is "bald" to the scalp or short haired. Some women, young and old, black and white, professional or not, may choose to use weaved hair as an "addition" to their own growing hair to enhance and or lengthen.

Secondly: Unless the officer applying the cutting has a cosmetology license in hair care including the applying of or removal of a weave [[a skilled and carefully rendered process), the woman's actual hair was probably cut off along with the weaved-in hair with hair root damage [[be it sewn in, glued or braided in).

Was there an assumption of a weave? Is long hair, natural or added the standard 'self-hanging' method in our tri-county jails?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    No... they cut off her HAIR WEAVE...
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-02-14 at 10:54 AM.

And the damage to her own hair and the abuse factor? IMO the police went too far here, with impunity and without care of consequence. The courts will now sort it out, if Chandra decides to go 'there'.

Had this been someones beloved PET dog or cat taken into custody so roughly shorn there'd be more HELL being raised about it being highly inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Is the city of Warren gonna recoup her for a new weave.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-02-14 at 02:14 PM.

Looking at her picture in the NBC article posted above I see she is attractive, young, sportin' a nice smile with them light brown eyes.

Ahhhhh, Alcohol and youth.....

I hope she done learned a lesson from this. I know when I was in her shoes I sure did. If your dealin' with Doctors, Lawyers and Police you're in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yes, the vid gives the impression that this was setting forth the status quo hair WEAVE 'processing' procedure, onward. No one seemed concerned about repercussions. Was there an attempt to conceal the video or cover the lens? Nope.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean here, Zacha341. Do you feel no wrong was done because no cover-up attempt? [[though I don't believe that was your intent) Maybe it was "released" on purpose, as a warning shot, to others who are thinking about entering Warren?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Looking at her picture in the NBC article posted above I see she is attractive, young, sportin' a nice smile with them light brown eyes.

Ahhhhh, Alcohol and youth.....

I hope she done learned a lesson from this. I know when I was in her shoes I sure did. If your dealin' with Doctors, Lawyers and Police you're in trouble.
    I hope, she sues the @#$% out of the City Of Warren, to the point that Fouts will have to give his sexcretary a 6% pay cut.

You don't have to believe Chandra was a model prisoner to question the actions here.

This need not be an 'either/ or' construct. She was loud going in and during the shearing.... And that means???

The woman was disorderly, drugged out or whatever. They get drunks, criminals and kooks of all races in the Warren clinks all week and weekend [[LOUD and WILD too), let's not forget that.

Did her behavior warrant the cutting? What is the precedent relative to incarceration, local or federally for long hair?

That's the CORE issue... Not cancelled out by her need to be incarcerated.

Was the risk of her hanging herself a justification? Who else in the tri-county jails have had their hair [[long, weaved or natural) cut off in the last ten years? Numbers?

Is the cutting off of a 'supposed' weave or any long hair the default 'processing' for incoming folks to the Warren jails???? Will Detroit be adopting the procedure too?

If so, then it needs to be stated. Clearly. No need to be coy and apply the process capriciously. One might get the wrong idea.

Chandra, I'm sure, had absolutely no part at all in creating a commotion that drew attention to herself and placed her in such an adverse situation.

I've got this feeling that everybody in that station heard Chandra the moment she made her entrance at the Copshop.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-02-14 at 02:11 PM.

What the Warren cop[[s) did was completely wrong and I hope they are punished for it, but to equate her weave getting cut off to torture does a disservice to those who have suffered legitimate torture.

To clarify, I find it interesting there wasn't even the consideration of 'needing' to cover it up. That is more disturbing than an attempt to cover it up would have been. And as I said earlier if this is the new incoming lock-up 'process' going forth then it should be stated from folks behind podiums, cameras blazing and in writing.

Should there be any confusion regarding the 'what and why' of it; applied ........

Firing the officer did sent a message that someone ultimately had to fall on their sword!

I'm not quite sure what you mean here, Zacha341. Do you feel no wrong was done because no cover-up attempt? [[though I don't believe that was your intent) Maybe it was "released" on purpose, as a warning shot, to others who are thinking about entering Warren?
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-02-14 at 10:56 AM.

Yeah, I think she be DONE learn her lesson behind dis........

Last edited by Zacha341; February-02-14 at 11:30 AM.

If your dealin' with Doctors, Lawyers and Police you're in trouble.

Depends on what you are dealing, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Depends on what you are dealing, in my experience.
    True that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n08mNz9f0FQ

I hope, she sues the @#$% out of the City Of Warren, to the point that Fouts will have to give his sexcretary a 6% pay cut.
    Haha. Sue the crap out of a city for cutting out a weave? Please. The woman is fine, the officer is fired. Why should the city pay this woman who was ARRESTED anything more than what it costs to replace the weave. She is fine, she wasn't beaten, cut or shot. She had her fake hair forcibly cut off. Good ole sue happy American, part of what's wrong in this country.

Oh, her HAIR WEAVE, I'm sorry. That makes it Ok then, I guess. Carry-on. Booooooooo 313WX, YAY, Warren Nazi-Cops!
    No... but it is NOT the same... I wasn't sure if your comment was your usual sarcasm or not... we're not used to you being indignant... especially when you compare the cutting off of a hair weave to the crimes of Nazi Germany...

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Where's Mayor Fouts when you need him? Oh..that's right, he was probably hanging out with his 23 year old girlfriend.
    He probably approved this practice, because they heard of someone in some prison somewhere killing themselves in weave and suing the city [[thus they're apparently trying to avoid the lawsuit that will happen anyway in this case).

Just like when that one pet shop owner lost his damn mind, Jimbo decided to propose that ALL pet shops be banned from the city of Warren.

When you barely see someone as a person it's easy to do all sorts of things to them, and justify.

Some jackass just freestyles, and takes the law into her own hands to embarrass someone she doesn't respect.

I hope Warren gets sued so hard it gives Fouts testicular torsion.

Withstanding rather or not litigation is warranted here, your initial statement speaks to a broad spectrum of issues. Thanks for making it.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    When you barely see someone as a person it's easy to do all sorts of things to them, and justify.

No... but it is NOT the same... I wasn't sure if your comment was your usual sarcasm or not... we're not used to you being indignant... especially when you compare the cutting off of a hair weave to the crimes of Nazi Germany...
    My original comment was not my usual sarcasm. I'm shocked. If she was drunk and disorderly, and caused damage to private property, she deserved to be arrested. She did not deserve to have her physical features altered by the Warren gestapo. WTF is that? "Suicidal risk"? A bit of a stretch, isn't it? Are they licensed psychologists? You're splitting hairs here, pardon the pun, by hanging your argument on "weave" instead of "hair". Doe the Warren Police cut the long blonde hair of white women they arrest? It seems to me they'd be able to wrap it around their necks and hang themselves, no? Or is it just weaves that cause a potential suicide risk? The Nazi's shaved the heads of Jewish women to make them unattractive, kill their self esteem, and make them submissive. How does this differ? Forget about Warren. What if this story came out of Sudan, or Somalia, or the middle East? How would you feel then? Sorry, but my comparison stands.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; February-02-14 at 12:06 PM.

GUSHI Guest

They looked like clip on extentions,
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    First off: The hair vs "WEAVE" demarcation is not a clear as some may think. It is an assumption that every woman wearing a weave is "bald" to the scalp or short haired. Some women, young and old, black and white, professional or not, may choose to use weaved hair as an "addition" to their own growing hair to enhance and or lengthen.

Secondly: Unless the officer applying the cutting has a cosmetology license in hair care including the applying of or removal of a weave [[a skilled and carefully rendered process), the woman's actual hair was probably cut off along with the weaved-in hair with hair root damage [[be it sewn in, glued or braided in).

Was there an assumption of a weave? Is long hair, natural or added the standard 'self-hanging' method in our tri-county jails?

The Nazi's shaved the heads of Jewish women to make them unattractive, kill their self esteem, and make them submissive. How does this differ?
    I don't know that it differs, except for the part where the women then go to labor camps and are worked to death, or else sent to extermination camps and killed. If the Nazis had stopped with the hair-cutting part, you wouldn't have bothered making the comparison.

A family member is a professional hair stylist and the clip-on extensions are shorter segments and are the least used as they come out the fastest and easiest to detect.

From what I can see are the woman had what are known as more blended weave "tracts" being roughly tugged, pulled out and cut.

Weave "tracts" are long sections of hair mounted to a tract that are used cover a broader area than clip-ons. The tracts are usually carefully sewn into the existing hair strands or upon hair that has been braided down to accommodate the weave depth and length per the style desired.

The blending of the persons hair with the weaved is where the care comes in to remove them. Otherwise, the real hair is torn out, sometimes at the root follicle or cut off where it mingles with the weave. Not a good time.

Necessary? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    They looked like clip on extentions,
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-02-14 at 02:15 PM.

Precisely my point. Is this about long hair or just the person who wears weaves...?

...You're splitting hairs here, pardon the pun, by hanging your argument on "weave" instead of "hair". Doe the Warren Police cut the long blonde hair of white women they arrest? It seems to me they'd be able to wrap it around their necks and hang themselves, no?

While reading on other subjects where the young black population are proportionately more likely to encounter the LEO's out there. I have read where part of the diversion programs and actively sought lessons to be learned endorsed by the parents and interested parties is, Learning how to deal with the police.

To keep up the belligerent in your face challenge of the officers is not in your best interest. It may be hard to do but it is in your best interest to humble yourself and obey during an arrest.

First rule, Keep your mouth shut!

Maybe you should have done your homework...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1597775

The officer that cut the hair was later fired....
    The union will be fighting hard to alleviate any consequences for this officer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast