Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Help me regain my sanity about a song while growing up in Detroit in the late 60's.

While growing up in Detroit, in the late 60's, I heard a song on the radio.
    I hadn't much thought about it, but lately, part of the music to it and a few words from it's lyrics have been driving me crazy and I can't get them out of my head.
    I have tried Googling it, tried those lyric search engines and I have come up flat with no clues whatsoever.
    Well since I do recall hearing very often while in the late 60's in Detroit, maybe by some chance this bit of the lyrics may be recognized by someone on this forum.
    The music is upbeat tempo and the male singer is accompanied by an upright bar type piano and it's sound is very prevalent in the song and carries the whole tune throughout.
    Now the bit of lyrics that are running through my head, though may very from what is actually sang since it's been 40 plus years since first hearing it, is as follows:
    "if it wasn't for an extraordinary set of circumstance".
    Now I do believe that this was part of the chorus line, and I know it to be a protest song, [novelty type], that it comically outed curtain events from that time period.
    I hope someone can tell me what the title to this song is, and stop the madness from ringing in my head....really not madness, but you know what I mean.
    Thanks for any assistance given.
    Last edited by highjinx2; January-24-14 at 12:02 PM.