Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've got more news.

My girl went to get her car, $215 to get it out and her catalytic convertor was cut out from the exhaust system. The Honda was noisy as hell until I took it up to a muffler shop and paid to have it fixed.

She also called the police station on Nevada six times and couldnt get anyone to answer.

Maybe a muck-raking reporter would help. Charlie LeDuff would love to get credit for bringing down a cop-tinged car theft ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    I've got more news.

My girl went to get her car, $215 to get it out and her catalytic convertor was cut out from the exhaust system. The Honda was noisy as hell until I took it up to a muffler shop and paid to have it fixed.

She also called the police station on Nevada six times and couldnt get anyone to answer.
    She must have been calling the wrong number because I call there all the time and have never not had somebody answer the phone. There are always 2-3 officers and a Sgt working the desk there.

And, the cops might have a deal with the towing company. Pay to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Aerojoe View Post
    She must have been calling the wrong number because I call there all the time and have never not had somebody answer the phone. There are always 2-3 officers and a Sgt working the desk there.
    I am having doubts about the veracity of this little tale, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    jt, I retired 30 years ago. I had as much to do with Detroit's current status as the man in the moon.
    Shall we compare crime rates from 1955 to those of 1984. Given the change, I would say that you and your fellow officers failed.

So, crime rates rise between 1955 and 1984, and that, for you, equals "the police force failed?"

If the frequency of arson fires increases, would that, then, be the fault of the Fire Department?

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    In a city where corruption has been demonstrated to exist throughout the halls of government, I think this tale is regrettably plausible. And there is certainly a history of car theft not being dealt with in a meaningful way by authorities in Detroit [[you could make an argument that car theft, life graffiti and pot-smoking, has become de facto street legal). While I am not privy to any facts in this case other than posted here, nothing about what has been written is even slightly surprising.

Shhhsss-hhh.... don't go telling everybody - everything. We want to keep some of this on the 'low-low'...

Seriously, I hate to hear what happened DJ. Google the tow company and see if they get a hit for bad reviews or other actions such as this. Be prepared to be on the phone for a while and BBB is useless often in these case as so many 'fly-by-night' companies don't register.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    ...I love Detroit because speed limits are suggestions, drivers licenses and insurance papers are optional and weed is legal among other things under the table. This is the price paid, I can deal but Im still gonna make a stink. Detroit cops have better stuff to deal with than my petty crap but if one is involved in my girls car being illegally towed Ima gonna make some calls.

Im betting this is a tow agency scam. One friend suggested Ruth To The Rescue. I might send her an e mail, maybe she has had some other complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Shall we compare crime rates from 1955 to those of 1984. Given the change, I would say that you and your fellow officers failed.
    Crime rose severely throughout the country during those years. I hardly think that Ray is to blame for that overall national trend.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    My girl has no reason to makeup a tale. Yes it was the Nevada shop she was calling and she tried to call again today and was put on hold. After 20 minutes she gave up.

The catalytic converter being sawzalled off her exhaust system really has mepissed too. If the car actually was pulled over, which I dont think it was, the tow company would have responsibility for the car. I guess technically the so called thieves could have taken the converter off then got pulled over. This is such an obvious scam and they rely on people to not follow up.

Django, file a complaint with the Detroit Board of Police Commissioners. They investigate police misconduct complaints for citizens. [[313) 596-2499.

They are open weekdays, but u can file a complaint online too.
    http://www.detroitmi.gov/Departments...2/Default.aspx
    Last edited by mam2009; January-11-14 at 06:23 PM.

I finally re-found the way to resurrect an old thread.

Great video of a Detroit towing scam on You Tube from one week ago.

This crap will NOT help the rebirth of Detroit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALgw6jc3dbg

Read the video comments about a Federal default judgement against the towing company. Also shame on AAA.

[[miss ya Django)
    Last edited by Bigb23; September-15-18 at 12:29 AM.

^^^ Too much Grand Theft Auto.

Sounds like a dirt cop and tow company just made money off you. This was talked about on the news recently because it's happened many times before.

The relatively little some grifters make on this scam costs the city a great deal more in PR. City government needs to stamp out corruption, and not just this.

Django certainly led an event-filled life. Django was speaking the truth the whole time.

Funny how that is.

Once I was with Django at the Old Miami and he introduced me to this older, really shy Mexican or Native American can guy. Django tells me he’s a musician and poet but the guy tells me he demos houses, it was Sixto Rodriquez.

Damn Django.

Wow...you just taught me about a name I had heard before,but didn't realize who he was.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXewWDh1og
    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Django certainly led an event-filled life. Django was speaking the truth the whole time.

Funny how that is.

Once I was with Django at the Old Miami and he introduced me to this older, really shy Mexican or Native American can guy. Django tells me he’s a musician and poet but the guy tells me he demos houses, it was Sixto Rodriquez.

Damn Django.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKYEYNX-Eug

http://www.sugarman.org/coldfact.html
    Last edited by RaumVogel; September-17-18 at 10:59 PM.

It may indeed be time to resurrect this thread. Last week's news says the City has bought half a dozen tow trucks and is opening several new impound lots of its own. Presumably this is to provide competition for the private towing firms, and not just to grab a share of the towing/storage fees for itself. We'll see.

But the City has to hurry. Three months ago, the Governor signed House Bill 4360, which fines any city $10,000 for opening its own new impound lots and not contracting with private towing firms. This law takes effect Sept. 30, 2018. This bill was the work of Rep. Lucido of Macomb County. Governor Snyder signed the bill without asking why the legislature was so eager to steer business to one of the most corrupt and bribery-prone class of firms in Michigan.

It's also time to resurrect the Sixto Rodriquez thread. Ever since seeing the movie, I've wondered what became of him.

He's touring all over now.

http://www.rodriguez-music.com/tour-dates/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2