Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
Well, I'm single, Saggitarius, fair skinned... Oh, you didn't mean that...
Lol hahahaha, I really like you now. Your funny and have sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
I think "visible" studios can be neat, and an asset to both the station and the neighborhood. But I don't think they would attract much in the way of crowds. Some passersby will peek in, of course. National media brings a "celebrity" factor not really present with local news people. I remember as a kid Mort & Carmen, Bill Bonds, Eli Zaret, etc were like gods. I don't think people have that kind of reaction now. Since we have so many "celebrities" nowadays, most of them aren't very intriguing unto themselves. Most local TV people are not the rich and famous anymore. A "see through" studio where people can see in and the cameras can see out, looking at the city going about it's business, is better than setting a stage for a "crowd" like the Today Show may have brought. But I agree entirely gthomas, a more visible media presence downtown is a win-win situation for the station and downtown.
Isn't having a cohesive, thriving, visible and attractive businesses and building part of the whole "urban" lifestyle. The main reason why people choose urban or suburban? Cities like Oklahoma City, Kansas City, Cincinnati and others are jumping on the band wagon to either build or expand in urban downtowns. They understand how it benefits the business and the community and is taking action. Chicago, New York, Atlanta, San Diego and L.A is already established downtown and is doing better than their other local news stations.

Why are we always last to make things happen in this city, we need to look at other cities and see how great these things can be to the region. It's bigger than having a building filled with cameras and newscasters. It brings and add to the excitement, it's interactive and it's fun to see how things work "hands on" behind the scene. People gets excited when cameras are around and being seen on tv walking pass the station from the outside. It's all about "VISIBILITY". That should be our goal in Detroit...and aesthetic.