Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
I'm still surprised that the 19 Fort Street still hasn't gotten 24-hour service after all this. It had 24-hour service during that last go-around and receives quite a bit of Downriver traffic transferring off of SMART's 125 at Outer Drive except [[for the most part) during rush hours.
I wouldn't be surprised if, at some point in the near future, the Fort Street route gets 24 hour service, and the Tireman route disappears completely. There is a major effort underway to redo the bus routes to reflect actual travel patterns, so you will see some new routes, some routes will disappear, and, as in the current round of changes, some will get better service and some not quite as good.

Overall, I think this is helpful and should have been done long ago. I think part of the thought process behind the new focus on those particular ten routes is that, in the not too distant future, routes will be developed to connect from those routes into neighborhoods, rather than have every single route go all the way across town or all the way downtown.