Anybody know any details about the upcoming new garbage collection? Start date? I think it was May. Will the new company be providing containers or will we have to buy our own? For example, a relative lives in Southfield with Waste Management service. They have to buy their own cans from Home Depot, Lowes, the hardware store, etc. They can only be small ones, 13 gallon size I think.

I live over by Dearborn [[Aviation,Tireman-Wyoming) and they used to have Waste Management but now have Republic and each residence was issued two cans, 1 for garbage, the other for recycle? Don't know how their bulk pickup is scheduled, every week?, biweekly? Service is on time whereas our service is maybe Wed. or Thurs. Pick up times vary 2:30 in the afternoon one week, 10:30 pm the next. You never know when they'll come. I read about folks hearing garbage trucks going down the streets/alleys in the middle of the night for pickup.

My container's lid has broken off completely, and I'm not crazy about paying the city $40.00 for a replacement. I was hoping it would last until the new service begins but a few weeks ago a neighbor over loaded my container with their extra bags and it broke off this week. The lid was still hanging up until then.

Also, I checked the city's website for bulk days. You'd get the notice with the bulk pick up days for the whole year but only two days are listed for my area, Wed., 3/12 and Tues. 6/10 for 2014. I'm guessing the new service will be in place for bulk pick up and additional dates will be forthcoming. Sorry to be so long. Thanks for any insight.