Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default This cable TV show, Hardcore Pawn, thumbs up or down conerning the image of Detroit?

I watched this show yesterday because I took a break from surfin the web. If this show don't pander the worst stereotypical images of minorities, I don't know what does.

If this is reality TV then it don't say much for the Detroit area.

It does have quick collages of Detroit images as bumpers but the show caters to the lowest common denominator.

I have seen the power of the video camera on people, some of it seems staged but if it's normal everyday buffoonery, fronting, in your face, smack talking, business as usual, it plays into the hands of the 'see I told you so' types.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; December-18-13 at 11:45 AM.