Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    If you don't want congestion and traffic, live in Romeo. Ever tried driving in downtown DC or NYC? Even out in Novi, I don't get the luxury of having a freeway exit to my front door. Why do you think that's a realistic expectation for someone living in the city?
    First of all, I don't live anywhere near I-375, but need it to get home in reasonable time. I think either you're not getting what I'm trying to say, you think coffe shops and bike paths are going to generate enough revenue to make City services and population viable, or, you're looking for an argument, [[I think the 3rd), for which I don't care to engage in. I think, since you're so into greenways, you should start protesting in Lansing, to have them remove a few lanes from 696 in front of the Novi Mall. I'm very familier with Romeo, in fact, I was there Saturday. Nice town. People still leave their doors unlocked.

You're right, I don't get what you're saying. You live in the city. As ghettopalmetto noted, you're trying to drive through an area of the city at the same time there's major events going on that's bringing tens of thousands of people into the city in their cars. What do you expect? I try to avoid driving on Novi Road past Twelve Oaks Mall this time of year because it gets massively congested with holiday shoppers. It goes with the territory. If I didn't want to ever deal with that, I could move to South Lyon. But I don't expect the answer is to widen Novi Road to twelve lanes or to expect that the road will never be congested. I find an alternative route or drive the area at non-peak times or I deal with it.