Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default SCRAPPED! Crossman Alernative High School @ Woodrow Wilson/ Hazelwood...

Name:  Crossman Before Scrapping2.jpg
Views: 2120
Size:  35.2 KBName:  Crossman Before Scrapping.jpg
Views: 2591
Size:  41.9 KB

Drove by it last week and it is 'picked' clean to the bone nearly! EVERY FIRST FLOOR WINDOW REMOVED... In less the two weeks - 90% scrapped. If you know this building you know it is HUGE, beautiful structure, wide, with two side wings cornering towards the back field. Spanning a full block of Woodrow Wilson between Hazelwood and Blaine.

I think this school was originally Hutchens Jr. High. Not sure...

Scary area and PITCH BLACK at night with zero street lights. I'll try to get some day photos of the stripping, but here are a few shots of what it once looked like... Anyone notice this? I pass W-Wilson daily and noticed it happened fast - no more than a week and a half.

Around the corner is the Herman Keifer complex now also vacant but patrolled 24/7 as they know it too will be picked clean if not patrolled. The original Crossman school at Clairmont at the Lodge sites wide open with every window and door missing -- with a DPS 'For Sale' sign on it....

If HK gets opened up and stripped were gonna have THREE mega open hulks less then a mile from one another!

Anyone recall this school? Who was the architect?
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-16-13 at 11:03 AM.